Drugs

PussEKatt

13 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Did anyone watch 'Gone to Pot' on ITV the other night? 

Pat butcher, Biggins, John Fashanu, Linda Robson and Bobby George travelling around California getting off their nuts. 

Biggins and Bobby pulling a whitey after eating a boat load of grub with it in and Pat Butcher getting stoned with some nuns, are two of the funniest things you'll see this year. 

I missed it but thanks for the reminder.

As an aside can someone tell me how cannabis is currently a class b drug in the uk but general police attitude to it is that if you get caught with a small amount they just take it off you and send you on your way. On top of that we have celebrites travelling around stoned in the name of entertainment. Is it me or are we sending mixed messages here? 

Our government really need to get a hold of drug legislation in the country, its incredibly outdated and confusing.

39 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Our government really need to get a hold of drug legislation in the country, its incredibly outdated and confusing.

For as long as there are old people who vote, this will never happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

For as long as there are old people who vote, this will never happen.

True but eventually the "old people" will be our generation and i would like to think we are a lot more enlightened than people who are 70+ now.

The changes in America will most likely filter down t us sooner or later as well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I missed it but thanks for the reminder.

As an aside can someone tell me how cannabis is currently a class b drug in the uk but general police attitude to it is that if you get caught with a small amount they just take it off you and send you on your way. On top of that we have celebrites travelling around stoned in the name of entertainment. Is it me or are we sending mixed messages here? 

Basically incompetence from Government, leading to police forces making up their own rules. 

Durham have led the way, they even interact with the local 'cannabis club' and leave the small time smokers/growers alone. 

As @choffer said, whilst we have those pesky old folk, you get things like Brexit, Tories and stupid drug polices (in fairness, to not just old people, stupid people also contribute to this)

The programme is epic. If you can keep a straight face, there's something wrong! 

• Like 1

A reality TV show following UK police was on at a friend's house the other day.

Police pulled a car that had ejected a jar of buds out the window.

The passenger, known to the police, received a £25 on the spot fine. He then got back in the car he was in, and off they drove as the driver was clean.

With buds trading at around £10 per gram and the usual quantity of sale to an individual being 3.5 grams, the above suggests to me that, in some places in the UK at least, the police really aren't that bothered.

28 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Basically incompetence from Government, leading to police forces making up their own rules. 

Exactly, it seems they like to keep a "hard stance" on it to keep the voters happy but in reality let the police force dictate the rules on it.

This makes sense on the face of it because they are on the streets and have a better understanding of how to police it. The problem is that in reality many of the higher ups within the police also have an old school mentality of meeting arrest quotas etc.. to keep the top brass in the government happy, as long as they keep busting the bad guys they are on the right track. Its a shame because its really not solving the problem at all and as i mentioned previously its making things worse in many cases.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Did anyone watch 'Gone to Pot' on ITV the other night? 

Pat butcher, Biggins, John Fashanu, Linda Robson and Bobby George travelling around California getting off their nuts. 

I think we have reached a nadir in modern day television. 

• Haha 2

All joking aside, the TV show is (so far) exactly the kind of thing that will help shift outdated public perception.

People don't care about facts, science and common sense, but if Pat Butcher, Biggins and that one from Birds of a Feather say it's ok, then it can't be all bad can it? 

10 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

All joking aside, the TV show is (so far) exactly the kind of thing that will help shift outdated public perception.

People don't care about facts, science and common sense, but if Pat Butcher, Biggins and that one from Birds of a Feather say it's ok, then it can't be all bad can it? 

I think they need to legalise it to get the strength under control.

Then there's the usual resources vs damage arguments.

When the country's tongue is rammed up Saudi Arabia's fartpipe for cash, are we any further damned by taking money from dopeheads?

The Mail would think so.

Anyone else?

• Like 1

On 15/11/2017 at 20:57, Xann said:

I think they need to legalise it to get the strength under control.

Then there's the usual resources vs damage arguments.

When the country's tongue is rammed up Saudi Arabia's fartpipe for cash, are we any further damned by taking money from dopeheads?

The Mail would think so.

Anyone else?

Strength isn't an issue with pot, it's just dosage with the edibles you need to be mindful of. 

The absolutely baseless,  'Gateway drug' argument would be wheeled out by the Mail etc, along with the inevitable hyperbole about the whole country being perpetually high. 

Any government brave enough to try and change the rules, would need to make sure they ran an educated campaign. Neither of those things are likely unfortunately. 

23 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Strength isn't an issue with pot, it's just dosage

Of course, but that's an adult perspective. It's not so much about adults.

The dosage is whatever can be packed into a blunt skin. You've seen the packaging for those? They know their market.

Here in Maine they're determining how to licence retail cannabis stores and on premise private clubs and possibly vaping cafes. It' s a tax windfall for the state. Even republicans get it now.

Edited by maqroll

Went out on Saturday at midday "for a couple" to watch the Arsenal vs Spurs game. Ended up going to bed at 1pm on Sunday. 

At the age of 30 I really have to stop doing this shit. Feel **** terrible still and we're on Tuesday. Probably won't start to feel "normal" til Thursday.

Just can't say no when I'm in that situation though :( 

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Went out on Saturday at midday "for a couple" to watch the Arsenal vs Spurs game. Ended up going to bed at 1pm on Sunday. 

At the age of 30 I really have to stop doing this shit. Feel **** terrible still and we're on Tuesday. Probably won't start to feel "normal" til Thursday.

How I miss those all day benders, but they stopped being fun when I had kids, and you had to try and look after them the following day. I honestly love the pub life and I do miss it, but I just can't do it anymore for the shit I get myself in. 

Typical week used to be.. 

Tuesday night(pool night) Maybe 7 pints and a bag of coke

Thursday night(start of the weekend) 6-7 pints, then have a few top shelf, bag of coke. 

Friday, straight to the pub after work for a few hours, then go home and get ready and come back out. Wouldn't get much sleep if any at all. Shit loads of booze and 2 or 3 bags of coke. 

Saturday, would end up out anytime from 12 and no later than 5. Out until the next morning, probably no sleep as I knew I could rest Sunday. Shit loads of booze and 2 or 3 bags of coke. 

That was an average week. Now and again it wouldn't be that hectic, and sometimes it would be heavier, but that was my routine.  Some great bloody times were had. The party which I thought would never end, is now officially over. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Mate, you've got a problem... watching Arsenal v Spurs? Have a word with yourself! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

How I miss those all day benders, but they stopped being fun when I had kids, and you had to try and look after them the following day. I honestly love the pub life and I do miss it, but I just can't do it anymore for the shit I get myself in. 

Typical week used to be.. 

Tuesday night(pool night) Maybe 7 pints and a bag of coke

Thursday night(start of the weekend) 6-7 pints, then have a few top shelf, bag of coke. 

Friday, straight to the pub after work for a few hours, then go home and get ready and come back out. Wouldn't get much sleep if any at all. Shit loads of booze and 2 or 3 bags of coke. 

Saturday, would end up out anytime from 12 and no later than 5. Out until the next morning, probably no sleep as I knew I could rest Sunday. Shit loads of booze and 2 or 3 bags of coke. 

That was an average week. Now and again it wouldn't be that hectic, and sometimes it would be heavier, but that was my routine.  Some great bloody times were had. The party which I thought would never end, is now officially over. 

What measurement is a bag of coke out of interest?

15 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

What measurement is a bag of coke out of interest?

Used to be 0.7-0.8s, but the trend now is 0.4s-0.5s. The latter is fair enough aslong as it's good stuff, but a lot of these Mickey Mouse dealers sell shit gear at 0.4s-0.5s. For good stuff you will be paying bare minumum £50 for near enough a full gram and that's if you're lucky. 

So, at the end of 'Gone to pot', they all unanimously agreed on decriminalisation, unanimously agreed on legalisation for medical use and 3v2 in favour of complete legalisation for recreational use. 

As the population no longer has anytime for experts and we listen to people like Farage and Hopkins, I'm assuming that with the blessings of Butcher and Biggins, it's pretty much a done deal! 

See you on the Black Country bong bus lads. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Once this party season is over I'm giving serious consideration to going teetotal. 

I used to be fine with drinking and moderation but now it just turns into a blur when i've had a few. I guess its because I go out less my tolerance levels have reduced but every night out now ends with me being steaming and doing something that I regret. Nothing major but i'll say something I shouldn't to someone or be aggressive. Basically I've become a horrible drunk. I never used to be like that, I always used to a happy/jolly drunk. Now i'm a bitter one! I can't explain the change. The next day is always felt feeling hungover (which now lasts longer than ever) and having the post drinking feelings of shame and trying to repair any damage I have done. I don't have a drink problem, I just have a problem when I drink! 

I'm not a home drinker so it shouldn't be too difficult to give up. 

Â