Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I think another French player maybe on the books, they have a strong youth policy over there and he must have his scouts looking very closely there for us to have found Sylla.

I would like to see another LB, 2 midfielders, can't see Delph in our long term plans, a CB and maybe another striker if Bent goes, or Wieman.

It doesn't matter what league a player comes from as long as he fits the criteria of good technique, hunger to learn & succeed. Where did Dwight Yorke or Mark Bosnich come from again? ;-) didn't do too badly did they. They were nurtured slowly and became greats. Maybe Bowery & Dawkins for example could grow into useful players for us if we just have a little patience with them. Low cost & low risk.

Radio WM  are quoting Lambert as saying 'no big signings this summer' - Anyone find quotes on the web ? - I can't 

I wouldn't expect any decent manager to say anything else.

Radio WM  are quoting Lambert as saying 'no big signings this summer' - Anyone find quotes on the web ? - I can't 

It's expected tbh. I'd rather find another Lowton or Benteke, rather than spending 15-20m on one player.

I think another French player maybe on the books, they have a strong youth policy over there and he must have his scouts looking very closely there for us to have found Sylla.

I would like to see another LB, 2 midfielders, can't see Delph in our long term plans, a CB and maybe another striker if Bent goes, or Wieman.

I think Delph will stay. He's been starting games for a decent spell and has been my MOTM for a fair few games.

I would rather we got rid of Bannan or Herd before Delph.

Wiemann's another player I can't see leaving. Where else will he get to play the majority of the games in a season? Not to mention he's in and around Youth players he's known for years.

This is my guesstimate:

OUT:

Given, Dunne, Hutton, Bannan, Ireland, Holman,

IN:

Bkup GK, LB, CD, CM, ST

Let's look in the sea. No scouts are looking there.

Also, about IncognitoAVFC on twitter, I'm pretty certain he's someone from inside the club. The people who followed his tweets this time last year will agree, I'm sure. He got a lot of 'McLeish out/ Lambert in/ incoming signings' tweets spot on.

Yeah he knew all about the problems Lambert had with Norwich on the night we asked to speak to Lambert. Definitely someone from within the club. 

The General maybe..

Did anybody else realise that Alex Mcleish managed Lambert at Motherwell???

Yes I did. Interesting how Lambert frequently refers to the two great managers he played under, Hitzfeld and O'Neill. He must have a reoccuring mindblank to forget McGinge.  :D

Yes I did. Interesting how Lambert frequently refers to the two great managers he played under, Hitzfeld and O'Neill. He must have a reoccuring mindblank to forget McGinge.  :D

haha yeah something like that. I wonder if his time under Mcleish helped him to understand what NOT to do  :P

haha yeah something like that. I wonder if his time under Mcleish helped him to understand what NOT to do  :P

Perhaps that explains his aversion to defensive issues?

I think there will be a similar budget to last season which was aprox £20 million net. What Lambert got with that £20 million is now a £10 million right back, a midfielder who's on par with Joe Allen's first premier league season who went for £15 million a decent centre half and a striker I wouldn't sell for less than £30 million. Not forgetting he resigned Guzan that's and Sylla looks decent towards the end of the season that's not a bad strike rate. I still think KEA and Bennett could come good also. Only Holman looks totally average and McLeish signed him.

So a couple of £7-8 million signings and a few £2-3 million signings by the looks. Totally going forward with the Borussia Dortmund model.