Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Haha in sweeps the Lambert defence league, calm down.

Of course im generalising, it's the only way to make a post that isn't 1000000 words long.

Yes scotland has had some very successfull players and managers but in the last 10 years or so there has been a decline in quality of the league and national team, scotland is not the place to look imo.

No we havn't signed any scottish players yet under Lambert nor have signed any german players despite his 1 year in Dortmund

I'm confused.

Well we have been linked to a few scottish players have we not? Bridcutt, McArthur, think i've seen Hanley too and im sure there's more. As i said managers tend to sign players from where they've been, not that they exclusivelly will

Im not out to bash scotland, im sure it's a lovely country, but we seen the same decline in Sweden and the swedish league and national team. The talent in players and managers is getting less and less. Without Ibra we're a grey mass and no swedish team will ever challenge for an honour in the european cups again

Scotland is exactly the place to look right now, just like Belgium has just been the place to look two years ago, and Germany was the place to two years before that.

Why?

Because that's where Bannan is from of course.....

& that's also where his last corner kick ended up too! :D;)

• Like 1

Of course im generalising, it's the only way to make a post that isn't 1000000 words long.

Yes scotland has had some very successfull players and managers but in the last 10 years or so there has been a decline in quality of the league and national team, scotland is not the place to look imo.

No we havn't signed any scottish players yet under Lambert nor have signed any german players despite his 1 year in Dortmund

I'm confused.

Well we have been linked to a few scottish players have we not? Bridcutt, McArthur, think i've seen Hanley too and im sure there's more. As i said managers tend to sign players from where they've been, not that they exclusivelly will

Im not out to bash scotland, im sure it's a lovely country, but we seen the same decline in Sweden and the swedish league and national team. The talent in players and managers is getting less and less. Without Ibra we're a grey mass and no swedish team will ever challenge for an honour in the european cups again

To be fair that's how it is in several other countries too. Ireland doesn't have nearly the same quality of players they had in the 90s and even in early 2000s, eastern european countries are in much worse shape than in the 90s, like Bulgaria for example, and not to talk about Czech, Croatia, Slovakia, Slovenia.

Denmark has -lot- worse players now than what they had in the 90s with Laudrups, Helveg, Schmeichel (although his son is becoming Premier League-quality), Rommendahl, Tomasson, Rieper etc, I think Norway also has been in steady decline since their 90s generation.

Belgium seems to be one of the few countries who are getting their second (or third) 'golden generation' in 30 years, and Finland is probably in upward curve, depending on how young players develop as we have some promising about 18-24 year olds coming like Teemu Pukki, Alexander Ring, Perparim Hetemaj who's playing in Serie A and so on.

Being linked to player obviously means we're going to sign them :D

Anything to have a moan eh!

Still confused? Once again this is the transfer speculation thread

Well you obviously knew you were being against the grain if you had to generalise the group of people telling you a different opinion in such a way.

Also you mentioned 'Scotland isn't the place to look for players' then mentioned 3 Scottish players that play in England  :crylaugh:

Edited by StefanAVFC

Well you obviously knew you were being against the grain if you had to generalise the group of people telling you a different opinion in such a way.

Also you mentioned 'Scotland isn't the place to look for players' then mentioned 3 Scottish players that play in England  :crylaugh:

Now im confused

I'm confused.

Scotland is exactly the place to look right now, just like Belgium has just been the place to look two years ago, and Germany was the place to two years before that.

Why?

When he was aiming for Ireland. :P

Boom, boom.

Scotland is not the place to look really, don't understand why anyone would say that. Just as Belgium still is a country to browse around. A quick look at the FIFA rankings (not that they matter much, but still) shows us Belgium at 15th and Scotland at 78th. The Dutch league too is filled with homegrown talent and is where a lot of gems can be found. We got Benteke from Belgium, but we got El Ahmadi and Holman as well, so there is never a guarantee.

The Scottish league is declining every year and the national team is crap, just like Norway where I am from.

I'm confused.

Why?

When he was aiming for Ireland. :P

Boom, boom.

Who was standing in Wales :P

Boom Boom!

• Like 1

You want your scouts looking where the other scouts aren't.

Belgian and German national teams have recently gone through a barren period where they had no really great players.

Who remembers the joke about the German national team: "Frings can only get better"? Now Frings are looking Fringing awesome.

The Belgian renaissance is astonishing. There must be a reason for this cyclical nature from golden generation to crap to golden generation again.

So purely for the fact Scotland has been through a barren spell I'd now expect a glut of talent. Bannan is the first 'great' of it, unrecognised as yet.

• Like 2

Let's look in the sea. No scouts are looking there.

Also, about IncognitoAVFC on twitter, I'm pretty certain he's someone from inside the club. The people who followed his tweets this time last year will agree, I'm sure. He got a lot of 'McLeish out/ Lambert in/ incoming signings' tweets spot on.

Let's look in the sea. No scouts are looking there.

Also, about IncognitoAVFC on twitter, I'm pretty certain he's someone from inside the club. The people who followed his tweets this time last year will agree, I'm sure. He got a lot of 'McLeish out/ Lambert in/ incoming signings' tweets spot on.

Yeah he knew all about the problems Lambert had with Norwich on the night we asked to speak to Lambert. Definitely someone from within the club. 

Edited by PieFacE