Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

So according to Howard, PF again reiterated that we hope to bring in one more before Monday and quote 'it is something we have been working on for a while'.

Also he said that the player is not a 'squad filler'.

He thinks it might be Milner. And it could veryy well beee!

Althouh he usually plays CM. And with Delph, Westwood or Sylla we have lots of players there. We'll see!

Edited by Alakagom

Don't say the word "Milner" without anything short of a photograph of Milner holding up a new Villa shirt. There is a special nerve in every Villa fan's body that is designed to overreact at the mention of Jimmy's name.

• Like 3

Don't say the word "Milner" without anything short of a photograph of Milner holding up a new Villa shirt. There is a special nerve in every Villa fan's body that is designed to overreact at the mention of Jimmy's name.

not for me. have no emotion towards the guy

He has heard the same rumour as me on Milner.  Not from a reliable source and I doubt it would  happen considering his wages.  I think it must be someone else. 

#FreeKiyo

• Like 3

I can't see Milner coming back and he's not the playmaker we need. We would rather need someone who can play behind the striker and on the wings too if needed, Wijnaldum, Fischer and Lestienne are much more probable targets.

would anyone take a punt on Ricardo Vaz Te? He's handed in a transfer request at West Ham, I presume he wants playing time, but i've always rated him whenever I've seen him play, he terrorised us last year in the opening game of the Premier League, would be a good option to challenge Weimann on the right, very strong too, he's only 26 years old and can play any of the striker roles to cover Gabby, Weimann and Benteke, i know it may be a luxury signing but he would probably only cost 3million, would be worth a punt imo

Edited by supermon

I sadly cannot see Milner coming back here again unless on loan with Citeh paying a fair proportion of his wages. Fischer or Kiyotake or Ince seem a little more likely to me but they would be very big signings for the club at this time and I think we may be looking at someone who has yet to hit the back pages and who would fit into our current buying policy a little more easily than these sort of players might. Breaking news on SKY on the last day at the last hour of this window anyone?

I agree with John I think it's very likely Lambert will take someone from Belgium, Holland, maybe even Portugal or a mid table team in Spain a la Luna and give him a stage to perform on. That being said I think said player will be expected to run himself into the ground week in week out. I expect a signing with a similar style to Coutinho.

I can't see Milner coming back either but he would be perfect for us on the right side of midfield in a 4-3-3 alongside Delph and Westwood. Fits the high tempo game we play and can also play wide or further forward if needed