Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

If we really have been doing this deal for a while and if it is true that he won't be a squad filler then I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions by thinking he'll be a relatively high profile (for us) signing given that it wasn't the work of a moment to get him on-board. Hopefully 1+1 does equal 2 in this case :)

• Like 1

Le Fondre!  I thought you were better than that.

My thoughts exactly

Now now lads. He got 14 goals largely from a struggling Reading's bench last season. Now given that he's 26 he's probably way way too old for Lambert, but I think he has shown he's good enough particularly for what would be a substitute's role. One thing's for sure too and that's that he showed he knows how to make an impact off the bench in the Premier League.

My thoughts exactly

Now now lads. He got 14 goals largely from a struggling Reading's bench last season. Now given that he's 26 he's probably way way too old for Lambert, but I think he has shown he's good enough particularly for what would be a substitute's role. One thing's for sure too and that's that he showed he knows how to make an impact off the bench in the Premier League.

Fair point BOF, that being said though I just don't see how he would progress us, I'd imagine that's as good as he'll ever be and we could probably get a lot more potential for the same price and wages and younger.

A midfielder - an established African international player who played in the world cup springs to mind

Salifou?

A sensational double swoop for Salifou and Makoun.

Or a quadruple swoop that includes the Djemba twins? It'd be like the good old days :P
  • Like 1

My thoughts exactly

Fair point BOF, that being said though I just don't see how he would progress us, I'd imagine that's as good as he'll ever be and we could probably get a lot more potential for the same price and wages and younger.

A quick question as I don't really follow the championship.  Why doesn't this guy get many starts given he seems to score very very regularly from the bench?

My thoughts exactly

A quick question as I don't really follow the championship.  Why doesn't this guy get many starts given he seems to score very very regularly from the bench?

I believe it is called ole-gunnar-itis.

They started using him more regularly towards the end of last season when it became clear he was the one making the difference for them. Funnily enough it seems to have reversed this season. He has started 2 league games this season and scored in both of them. He has been a sub in the other 2 league games and scored in neither. And then there was the 6-0 obliteration by Peterborough in the cup.

They started using him more regularly towards the end of last season when it became clear he was the one making the difference for them. Funnily enough it seems to have reversed this season. He has started 2 league games this season and scored in both of them. He has been a sub in the other 2 league games and scored in neither. And then there was the 6-0 obliteration by Peterborough in the cup.

Thanks BOF. As I say I don't follow the championship so can't really comment on the guy, but his record suggests he knows where the goal is. 

Given Paul Lambert's special knowledge of the Bundesliga & the `Dortmund` Project, it seems mighty strange that we have no German players in our squad.

Anyone care to offer up any reasons as to why this may be so?

There must surely exist some really prodigious & precocious potential talents at bargain prices to be unearthed?

Given Paul Lambert's special knowledge of the Bundesliga & the `Dortmund` Project, it seems mighty strange that we have no German players in our squad.

There must surely exist some really prodigious & precocious potential talents at bargain prices to be unearthed?

A very clever way of trying to get GarethRDR out of exile. I like it :D

Where is Gareth these days?

Will you be signing his extradition papers BOF? :P

I hear he has a wonderful left foot.

Two of 'em in fact. ;)

Sorry Gareth! :)