Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Nah, let it remind you of what was

Indeed, we challenged for 4th a few seasons in a row but didn't get there and had to go through painful austerity (and more) as a result.

Young looks so thrilled in that video - now we see him pissing around for United :(

Surely if the player himself says that there's something in it then that's more believable than any ITK?

The only things the player himself seems to have said on Twitter are retweeting something he was asked to retweet, acknowledging he has new followers from England and stating there's nothing concrete, but he'd like to play in the Premier League. Villa not having shown any interest in him would definitely count as nothing concrete.

I really don't think there's anything more to this and can't see us signing any more central defenders anyway.

That's about the best clip you can find now.

But you need Lescott's goal in there for context. To see how dejected we were after that and how happy Everton were, and then we go down the other end and score. 

Pure brilliance. 

"EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON, EVERTOOOON, EVERTON. EVERTON.....everton....everton....everton-"

Sadly I don't think a longer clip exists on YouTube

hat's the game that I most regret not being at a pub or at the game. I celebrated that in my room on my own. I imagien in a pub it owuld have been absolutely mental.

• Like 2

Really hope we don't go back to 3-5-2

It worked once against Liverpool which was very much a fluke result and cost us so many points in the games that followed

We also beat Norwich with that formation.

But you need Lescott's goal in there for context. To see how dejected we were after that and how happy Everton were, and then we go down the other end and score. 

Pure brilliance. 

"EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON, EVERTOOOON, EVERTON. EVERTON.....everton....everton....everton-"

hat's the game that I most regret not being at a pub or at the game. I celebrated that in my room on my own. I imagien in a pub it owuld have been absolutely mental.

I turned the TV off after the Everton goal. I only saw the news about an hour later......

• Like 1

Pure brilliance. 

I turned the TV off after the Everton goal. I only saw the news about an hour later......

That'll learn you.

Has Capuano deleted his "English Dream" tweet? 

Also that Ashley Young goal. Damn How i wish I was there! I wonder if a clip exists from the Villa fans point of view of that goal :P 

Edited by KjParton

I think Lambert is trying to ensure he doesn't have Chrissy Herd lining up in the center of defence next season. People keep saying the 3-5-2 formation was awful, but maybe it was because Herd and Clark made up 2/3 of the defence? :P

• Like 1

I think Lambert is trying to ensure he doesn't have Chrissy Herd lining up in the center of defence next season. People keep saying the 3-5-2 formation was awful, but maybe it was because Herd and Clark made up 2/3 of the defence? :P

IMO, it was really more about the lack of numbers in midfield, as odd as that sounds. When Chelsea played us, their attacking midfielders had the freedom of stamford bridge to do as they liked. And they did.

CALCIOMERCATO PESCARA CAPUTANO BOLOGNA ASTON VILLA - seemed very close to Bologna defender Marco Capuano Pescara, but it is news that last-minute inclusion of Aston Villa in the negotiations for the player.

INFORMATION ONLY? - As reported by "tuttobolognaweb.it," Capuano for the British company for the time being would have asked only of information, but it is also possible that very early arrivals bid. On the player some day there is the interest of Bologna, looking for a defender. At the moment we have no other updates on the situation, we only know that Capuano is one of the elements of transferable Pescara, who will play next year's championship B

I thought this was bs? something in this.

No, it's still there..

screenshot20130726at13_1.png

He tweeted yesterday "English Dream..." 

But i can no longer find it. hmmmmmm 

He deleted that one, but then followed it up with the ones above, and was referencing to his earlier "English Dream" tweet. I had asked on that one yesterday if he was coming to Villa too.

Pure brilliance. 

I was in college at the time so working weekends in a sport shop one of the lads told me 2-2 and I was so dejected, when he told me 3-2 I thought he was taking the piss.