Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

OK suggests he does see Clark as more of a Utility man/DCM.

Which begs the question - what is the point of Herd?

Except he has never once played Clark in midfield. Herd is the guy you're suggesting Clark may be.

I think this would spell the end for Clark. He's proven himself this summer.

as nobody seems to have mentioned. Pescara conceded 84 goals last season. Will he be that big an improvement

Different team and different players, don't think you can blame one person for a whole poor defensive showing..

Hmmmm but we, as a team, are also shit at defending?

as nobody seems to have mentioned. Pescara conceded 84 goals last season. Will he be that big an improvement

Different team and different players, don't think you can blame one person for a whole poor defensive showing..

Hmmmm but we, as a team, are also shit at defending?

So he'll fit right in!

Except he has never once played Clark in midfield. Herd is the guy you're suggesting Clark may be.

Another thing people don't realise is that while the others got 4 year contract extensions,Clarks was only 3 years, that was a sign to me from the get go.

But then why give Clark a new 3 year contract?

Are we sure that account is real?

Well he posts photos of himself that are clearly self taken, he's not a well known player so I guess that's why he has a low follower count like Sylla had when we signed him.

Edited by samjp26

Cover for RB? His contract is up next summer I think and I doubt he'll get another, but no point selling him really. He's OK at RB IMO.

Seeing as wee Barry Bannan appears to be on his way to Blackburn, then this could be a like-for-like swap in terms of transfer fee and wages. I'm sure most people would be happy about that.

Have you seen the Joe Bennett thread?

WhoScored say Capuano only played in one game of the U21 Championships vs Norway. The game where they conceded that 1 goal before the final. They do have his rating down as 7.75 which means he had a very good game by whatever they mark them on however but it doesn't look as though he was a perm. fixture of that Italian squad.

That said you cant really go wrong with a young, Italian youth International CB for a relative pittance.

Would be interesting to see what that would mean for Clark, Baker and Donacien though. You'd assume it meant Clark and Baker had some more competition for that left sided CB role or a move back to 3-5-2. Not sure I particularly like either of those options but I would like to see this Capuano lad come in.

Maybe loan him out for a year to adjust to the game, giving Clark a year to make the position his. If he doesn't succeed in his 3rd year of playing in the first team, time to ship him out (Which would be a shame as I really liked him when he came through but he just hasn't done it as of yet). Thus giving us:

Lowton/? Vlaar/Okore Baker/Capuano Luna/Bennett

Ah, my bad. I was looking on a different site and if said he'd played all the games. I also said he was on £10k a week when it should have been £2k a week so ive made enough cock ups in this thread already !

Still got 18 U21 caps though which is decent. No idea if he's good enough for us but its a low risk investment at least