Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

If we get rid of Bent and Fonz (which i think is what we're doing) 

We definitely need a striker. 

What happens if Gabby & Benteke get injured? We've got Weimann as our only striker. At a club IMO you need 4 players capable of playing a striker role. 

We usually only play one striker, and we also have Helenius and Bowery.

What happens if Gabby & Benteke get injured? We've got Weimann as our only striker. At a club IMO you need 4 players capable of playing a striker role. 

In the unlikely event that they do get injured, Helenius, Burke, Robinson and Bowery can all play there.

Horrificly forgot about Helenius lolol. They can play there true, but I wouldn't want to have that much pressure on them. 

Don't know what Boateng is on about. We have plenty of surplus up front. Aside from the Big 3 we've Tonev, Helenius, Carruthers and in a pinch the likes of Bowery and even Grealish. In Westwood, Sylla, Delph, Gardner, Herd and Bacuna plenty of "box to box" players and sitters. Maybe not a traditional hard man amongst them (though Herd may say something about that) but I've faith in that lot.

We need a creative mid and maybe, if we're inclined, more defensive cover (particularly RB).

He's not thought that through basically. Still love you George.

To be honest, Benteke got injured towards the end of last season and just carried on playing. He is a machine.

Think our main striker slot is sorted, wouldn't mind a back up for Weimann coming in though.

Sorry George, you acted a complete prick when you left and celebrated when you scored against us.

You can **** right off with your half baked and unsubstantiated views on Aston Villa.

• Like 1

In the unlikely event that they do get injured, Helenius, Burke, Robinson and Bowery can all play there.

I am pretty sure George has not actually been following our signings and does not know about Helenius or even Bowery.

A defender and a creative CM or two Central midfielders (one more focused on attacking) would be perfect.

However, if not the above, I would love it just as much if we made one big £7million signing to wrap up this summers dealings.

Edited by Tayls

Imo we already have the players we need for this season. If we sign any more players we risk demotivating  our young prospects. Lambert's plans are risky but exciting. now we have to sit back and enjoy the roller coaster ride that is coming up in 2013/2014.

Pleased with the business so far, I would like some cover for RB and an attacking mid which is what we are cleary craving for. It is a position that probably none of our current players are suited to. When we got Ireland I thought he would be a fantastic attacking mid that Martin O'neill would get the best out of.

He has been abysmal