Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Irreplaceable. We don't try to replace him. 

Our three strikers Weimann, Agbonlahor, Helenius are excellent for a club outside the Champions League places. We need more depth elsewhere.

Instead, use the money to buy a dynamic, attacking midfielder. Who do we have to fill that role, other than Gardner?

• Like 1

Our three strikers Weimann, Agbonlahor, Helenius are excellent for a club outside the Champions League places. We need more depth elsewhere.

Instead, use the money to buy a dynamic, attacking midfielder. Who do we have to fill that role, other than Gardner?

Bannan?

We still need another striker if we're getting rid of Bent and Benteke. I agree though, but I think would get both a striker and an attacking midfielder.

The thing that people need to remember when they start talking about Ba, Remy etc is that Benteke was on £20k per week, and Lerner will want to replace him with someone on a similar wage.

We won't be replacing him with an established star, and that leaves it up to Lambert to find another gem from the continent on a low salary. That's a big ask and I think we have to resign ourselves to the fact that, in all likelyhood, Benteke's replacement will be nowhere near as good as he was.

This is correct. However Bentekes replacement wages wise was Helenius. Bents replacement will be new striker

D'ya reckon?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but I'm not so sure. I thought getting rid of Bent was part of an overall effort to try and reduce the wage bill. I didn't anticipate Bent going out to be replaced by someone on a similar wage. Thought that Henelius was probably going to be Bent's replacement, not Benteke's. Though that could be a tad naive. 

Bannan?

Bannan's inexplicably been sent to train with the reserves. We're selling him.

We don't have his replacement yet and we needed an attacking midfielder even when we had him. Unless Tonev plays a central position, ideally we need two.

• Like 1

sorry what are those odds? the first three of those players aren't even the right sort of player.

Found em on twatter. Wouldn't surprise me though, its not on about direct replacements. Just merely the players we'll be looking at midfield/attack wise.

If Gary Hooper arrives, I will cry,

For what's its worth I back Lambert to use the money wisely.

My only worry is we would have been very comfortably relegated without CB last year so he really needs to use the money very wisely indeed.

Though if I was having a bet I think he will still stay for the next season.

I reckon we will be very firm holding on for £30m and I don't see anyone paying that.

• Like 1

I donn't think the team was built around him, he was our focal point of the attack. We became more of a one-man team than Spurs - stop Benteke and you effectively stop Villa.

Our supply lines and midfield are where I actually see the money being spent so that we're not so reliant on a single individual. Naturally I expect another striker in, but very much of the same status as Benteke was when he was at Genk.

If we can add more quality to the midfield, especially with a playmaker, then any new striker should have an easier time in getting goals than CB did last season.

jelle vossen, max kruse has already moved hasnt he? i wouldnt want remy, wasnt that fussed by him

if he goes to spurs id rather we pushed for sigurdsson than defoe, thik he could be that creative midfielder who scores too

I'm also in the Helenius camp, in that he fits Lamberts bargain basement philosophy.

Who I actually WOULD like to see replace the big man is Bony, but plenty moolah + Ba would be acceptable.

I saw the video for Michy Batshuayi .. And sounds a very good one ! Not that giant .. But we already have Helenius who is as tall as Benteke .. And we could rotation between them ..

Michy Batshuayi... play for Standard Liege, 19 years old, scored 12 in 34 last season for Standard.... Would probably cost around 4-6m...

A yes from me for for Batshuayi. Still growing in to his body. He's the most likely to be the "next Drogba" after Lukaku and Benteke. Crazy to think he's Belgian too.

Not as powerful in the air as Benteke currently is but this could come as he still develops.

Now that Wes said that .. Therefore a BIG YES from me ! ^_^

btw .. Who do you think could be a good replacement in Benteke's power and about 190cm ?