Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Why would lukaku come to a lower ranked club on loan? He has done that already

And if he goes to us and Benteke goes to Chelsea, that is the same as saying he agrees Benteke should play ahead of him in Brazil. Not going to happen!

Arsenal will be in for him. Wenger was watching him before we got him.

Chelsea wont be in for him.

I agree. I can't see Chelsea needing him when they already have Lukaku who looks a better prospect.

Arsenal have shown they have £30m to spend on a striker, Wenger may switch to Benteke if Suarez and Rooney is a no go.

Itll be a target man. NH isnt a target man.

by all accounts he has great touch. he may not be a target man in the traditional british lump it at his head style but if you play it to him and he has the skills to control it and then keep possession then thats good enough for me. 

Itll be a target man. NH isnt a target man.

by all accounts he has great touch. he may not be a target man in the traditional british lump it at his head style but if you play it to him and he has the skills to control it and then keep possession then thats good enough for me. 

I still think he will want one target man. He wanted Andy Carroll (who reject us) before we got Benteke.

I must say I'm impressed with the reaction of Villa fans to this news. I admit I feared a meltdown but I've seen a remarkable amount of pragmatism and even optimism :thumb:

• Like 4

I must say I'm impressed with the reaction of Villa fans to this news. I admit I feared a meltdown but I've seen a remarkable amount of pragmatism and even optimism :thumb:

I know i'm suprised at myself tbf i admit that for like 2 mins when i read skysports news this morn i was gutted but then i was like No sod him let him go we'll have a replacement lined up why should we let him ruin all the hard work and optimism that Lambert and the fans have built up

This is what I did when i found out:

tjft.jpg

Haha - but seriously i hope we can a player good enough to replace him.

Can't really think of anyone as good as him atm so relying on Lambert to pick up a Gem. 

Edited by KjParton

Haven't got more time to add much futher, but here's a handful of names for you, in no particular order.

Jurgen Locadia, PSV

Luc Castaignos, FC Twente

Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, Ajax

(and Michy Batshuayi, Standard Liege)

The only way we'll be able to replace Benteke is if we unearth another gem just like him. Otherwise we need to be looking at joining the race for Cavani, Villa, Gomez and the like. And call me a Negative Nelly, but I can't really see that happening!

Haven't got more time to add much futher, but here's a handful of names for you, in no particular order.

Jurgen Locadia, PSV

Luc Castaignos, FC Twente

Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, Ajax

(and Michy Batshuayi, Standard Liege)

Are they younger than Benteke?