Players we can 100% Rule Out

Defoe

Remy

Keeping Darren Bent

Lukaku (loan or otherwise)

Adebayor

Zamora

Lacina Traore

Stefan Kießling (before someone pulls up the old McLeish link)

Bas Dost (see above)

Seydou Doumbia (seen it on twitter)

Jordan Rhodes

And pretty much everybody else that everyone has heard of.

Which, unfortunately, probably includes Bony and Vydra.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Definitely, Charlie Austin, i reckon he could step up.   

definitely not Charlie Austin for me. watched him a lot before he moved to Burnley, my stepdad is a Swindon fan and lived in Swindon before he moved in. Looked like a great player in league 1 and i expected him to move up the leagues but he wouldn't fit in with our playing style imo and if we changed our playing style i would hope it would be for the sake of Weimann, Helenius and the like. Austin isn't going to get a lot better than he is and i would say right now he's a poor mans Weimann

Finnbogason would be a great replacement imo, i would also say a great player that is a perfect fit is Phillip Hosiner. top scorer in the Austrian league last league, i believe he's friends with Weimann, similar age to him and they've been on international duty together. quick, scores goals for fun, would be cheap wages and transfer fee imo. ahh man hope we get this guy! i think we broke the all-time record for the most goals scored in 1 season in the league and he still seems to be an unknown, played 3 times for Austria and has already got 2 goals. SIGN HIM UP LAMBERT

Until someone matches our valuation, no-one is replacing him. And when they do, we won't have heard of the replacement.

You are forgetting Chief Scout Wes who will no doubt make sure we have all been able to view some YouTube clips before the name emerges.

I dont know who it is but I am told that a replacement has been lined up who is younger than Benteke and a different style of player.

Feel free to guess away because I havent got a clue.

And I dont do twitter so this is not from there.

I dont know who it is but I am told that a replacement has been lined up who is younger than Benteke and a different style of player.

Do you think the player will be brought in before Benteke leaves?

Interesting. Did you get told this after the transfer request was handed in??

Do you think the player will be brought in before Benteke leaves?

No imo, no hard facts either way

Interesting. Did you get told this after the transfer request was handed in??

Yes

....always liked the look of Jordan Rhodes whenever I've seen him play....which admittedly is not much. However, I think he is capable of making the transition to the Premier League.

He's a great finisher but doesn't contribute much to the build up, Maybe a little worse version of Darren Bent. Don't think Lambert would like him.

We had an unhealthy reliance on Benteke last season. You don't replace a 20 goal striker easily but I think Lambert will be trying to provide more goals through midfield by signing the likes of Tonev and an AM in the mold of Michu

If people think we are going to get a big money replacement or a "Star" name I think they will be sorely mistaken. I expect Nicklas Helenius or some similar standard player to be his replacement.