Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Jozy Altidore apparently had a medical at Sunderland this morning, so he is pretty much signed. 

I don't want Lukaku on loan and I doubt Lambert would either. We need stability and losing players each season is not the way we should be going. 

Negative things I have to mention about Bony are: Slow, can't pass, typical match of the day player, lazier than Bent, very limited, no technique, doesn't track back and most of his shots are going towards middle in the goalie's hands. 

Doesn't suit our system. It's going to be a Bent-saga all over again. 

Edited by SempiternalVillain

I've wanted Finnbogasson since about November. Would be a great signing.

Wilfried Bony

Alfred Finnbogasson

Brown Ideye

Lacina Traore (but he'll be on big wages)

Luc Castaignos

John Guidetti

Would all be decent additions. Think Bony is the only one capable or replacing Benteke instantly though. But think that option has now passed.

I take a break for a couple of days to enjoy the end of the tennis and the fine weather and look what happens.

Going to take me a while to catch up on all the various threads goingsons. Back later.

So Bent is off... & now Benteke is off

We have Helenius, Weimann, Gabby, Bowery & Delfounso as our remaining attacking options...

So are we all confident that this is strong enough or do we need to start looking for Benteke's replacement? & what about Bent? do we need to replace him too?

I think it's very good we already had Helenius .. So Atleast we know we have a huge striker good on the ball ..

We could play a hard ball right here ..

We could also do some trick with Chelsea if we're already selling Benteke to them .. 

Take 25-30m + Lukaku for loan !

We all knew Tekkers wouldn't last with us for more than next season .. So having Lukaku for now .. And give Lambert more time to scout someone in January or Summer .. 

Saying that .. It would be harmful playing against Benteke .. and depressing ..

So Bent is off... & now Benteke is off

We have Helenius, Weimann, Gabby, Bowery & Delfounso as our remaining attacking options...

So are we all confident that this is strong enough or do we need to start looking for Benteke's replacement? & what about Bent? do we need to replace him too?

The fast Bent goes the better for us ..

I'd start with Helenius .. and Weimann as a back up .. Bent would be my 3rd choice up front without Benteke .. with that .. I think it's waste in the wages !

Now that we have Tonev and even Bacuna who could do a job in the wing .. We have more choices in the front ..

I forget to say also that we already replaced Bent by getting Helenius and Tonev ..

a striker and a winger who could cover if Weimann needed to play up front !

We need to get an AMF + a replacement for Benteke ..

Saying that .. I still think that we could have a good chance forcing him for a stay !

Really don't want Lukaku here.. not after his comments in the press to Benteke regarding he should join a big club (rich coming from a guy playing for the Baggies).. so we know what he thinks of this club...don't want him here.

Well we might not have many choices atm .. And we don't want to spent crazy money as we've done with Bent if we were short of time !

So I walked into this thread after a long day at work expecting to see some intelligent suggestions of players we could sign and maybe one or two links and twitter crap. All I have got so far is someone suggesting we loan Draxler or buy him for £7million and I have also seen El Shaarawy mentioned to. Has something happened that I should be made aware of?

Who's got that gif where the person walks into the room and then immediately walks out because I would like to insert it here....

No chance of any of this happening. The players above will not leave for cheap. big money, big talent.

ID rather demba ba than lukaku. He's the one that got into bentekes head. IM certain he will end up at Chelsea with him. Ironic thing is lukaku will lose his place to benzene both for club and NT.

Finnbogason would be a risky signing imo. Werder Bremen have already had an offer rejected so he wouldn't be cheap. He would also need time to adjust to the tempo in the premier league.