Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Ba will not happen. Why leave a prestigious C.L. team for Villa?

I'd be more worried if I was him about whether Mourinho thinks I'm good enough. I don't think Ba is up to Jose's standards tbqh.

EDIT : Oops, not Demba then ... don't mind me :D

• Like 1

Because the Portuguese league is a lot smaller than the prem.

Looking at his stats he doesn't play much for them also.

Nope that's probably not it.

More money and more playing time might be the reason thou

Even though Liga Sagres is not as prestigious as the BPL, it at least is not a mickey mouse league like Scotland.  There are the big 2, then 2 more well known clubs and the rest follows.  It becomes pretty boring and unconvincing to win a title when really you crush your opponents all the time.  The last time a team other than Porto or Benfica won the league was Sporting Lisbon in 2001.

I think you can argue that this player just wants a new challenge.  Heck you get a ton of players who play in lesser leagues and in CL but move on to BPL clubs that sit mid table or even lower!

Money talks and if you are getting more money playing for a lesser club, you'd probably take it.

I just don't see us signing another CB unless one of Clark or Baker are leaving. (maybe on loan?)

Or we play three at the back and Luna and Lowton as wing backs

Eeek.... I hope not. Lowton looked far from comfortable playing that role last season. 

A couple of Mumurs on here very earlier was that Lambert was very dissapointed in Vlaar and KEA last season - and that there was set to be a surprise departure  - I wonder if Vlaar is to be replaced with BA ?

I don't rate Clark at all, so a pool of cb's BA, Vlaar, Baker, OKore would be great and much needed.

If we signed FB called Black, and one called sheep - we could have a defence of  Ba, Vlaar, Black, Sheep !   

• Like 1

A couple of Mumurs on here very earlier was that Lambert was very dissapointed in Vlaar and KEA last season - and that there was set to be a surprise departure  - I wonder if Vlaar is to be replaced with BA ?

I don't rate Clark at all, so a pool of cb's BA, Vlaar, Baker, OKore would be great and much needed.

If we signed FB called Black, and one called sheep - we could have a defence of  Ba, Vlaar, Black, Sheep !   

Seem to remember Kendrick hinting at something to that effect. He reckoned there would be a surprise departure.

I just don't see us signing another CB unless one of Clark or Baker are leaving. (maybe on loan?)

Or we play three at the back and Luna and Lowton as wing backs

Eeek.... I hope not. Lowton looked far from comfortable playing that role last season.

Agreed

I hope Vlaar stays, he's captain material and we missed him when he was out injured.

He was prone to some errors last season but we've got to remember it was also his first season in the PL. You can tell he has a heart of a lion.

Ba would be a great accusation, but I'd doubt he'd come here unless PL told him he is going to be a starter.