Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I still laugh when I think of the thread around Christmas calling this the worst villa side of all time. Not that I couldn't understand the thinking, just how wrong it was. The manager shoulders a lot of the blame for that and I'm sure being the man he is he's happy to take it on the chin and he's learned from it, that's fairly clear. Though of course there's a big element of youngsters finding their feet, confidence etc to be taken into account.

It was the worst Villa side of all time, at that time. It broke so many unwanted records.

Thankfully we were able to turn it around and improve.

The team may have broken some unwanted records but it was far from being the worst Villa side of all time. The season under McNeill was far worse than last season.

• Like 1

Luke Murphy is not coming our way, despite speculation earlier this year. Has signed for Leeds for a moderate £1m. Weren't we linked for him at around 5-6m? Well, well.

http://tinylink.net/52534

i always recalled the fee being around £1m TBH

He is the nephew of a friend of mine... he was never going to be coming to Villa.

fortunately, we are not going to sign every player we are linked with

to add, just read an article that bannan is allowed to leave, newcastle want bent and delfouneso is wanted elsewhere as well, good news if we can shift them

Luke Murphy is not coming our way, despite speculation earlier this year. Has signed for Leeds for a moderate £1m. Weren't we linked for him at around 5-6m? Well, well.

http://tinylink.net/52534

Christ £5-6mil?! Where'd you see that? Id stay well clear haha, ive seen that boy plenty of times with crewe and hes not as good as westwood.

think a right back is still needed though as competition for Lowton

Herd will be Lowton's competition (if you can call it that) this season. Still need a ACM (number 10) and Benteke's signature on the dotted line :)

also FC Twente made an official twitter comment

CAI heard so still nothing from Aston Villa want to quietly reflect on The bid & Swans. #avfc #scfc #fctwente

also FC Twente made an official twitter comment

CAI heard so still nothing from Aston Villa want to quietly reflect on The bid & Swans. #avfc #scfc #fctwente

What does this mean?

Shit Bing translation. I think cai should be his name..

Edited by KSV

Georgi Milanov? Hmmm where have I heard that name...

If we're going after a Bulgarian we should also look at Georgi Milanov then. Has had a great season and already seems integral to the national side.

Omariqy asked in the Belhanda thread what other AMs are available, seeing as how the Belhanda link has been doused quite heavily today,

Along with Popov who we have already had a strong link with, I thought I would add a few I noted down a monthor so ago. I have no idea if their contract information has changed since then (I didn't know Belhanda had added an extra year) nor have I done further research in to their playing ability (I mentioned Eikrem, who I liked from looking at his stats and knowing he would settle back in England easily, but two regular viewers of his said he wouldn't suit us at all - information which I think trumps my own), but just for a bit of fun I thought I'd post them anyway.

Georgi Milanov, 21, Litex Lovetch

I've mentioned this guy before on VT. I thought if there was any Bulgarian International we would be after it would be this guy rather than Popov for the AM role. He is the young star of Bulgarian football, likely to usurp Popov's place in that advanced central role for the national side more regularly as he gets older.

http://youtu.be/9DsTJE5EBsU

He's another one I noticed purely by stats, this time from the league. He scored 16 goals in 27 matches last year, assisting 9 times along the way. Hsi best season by far having only score 4 and 6 respectively in the previous two seasons.

Now I remember.

• Like 4

Georgi Milanov? Hmmm where have I heard that name...

If we're going after a Bulgarian we should also look at Georgi Milanov then. Has had a great season and already seems integral to the national side.

Omariqy asked in the Belhanda thread what other AMs are available, seeing as how the Belhanda link has been doused quite heavily today,

Along with Popov who we have already had a strong link with, I thought I would add a few I noted down a monthor so ago. I have no idea if their contract information has changed since then (I didn't know Belhanda had added an extra year) nor have I done further research in to their playing ability (I mentioned Eikrem, who I liked from looking at his stats and knowing he would settle back in England easily, but two regular viewers of his said he wouldn't suit us at all - information which I think trumps my own), but just for a bit of fun I thought I'd post them anyway.

Georgi Milanov, 21, Litex Lovetch

I've mentioned this guy before on VT. I thought if there was any Bulgarian International we would be after it would be this guy rather than Popov for the AM role. He is the young star of Bulgarian football, likely to usurp Popov's place in that advanced central role for the national side more regularly as he gets older.

http://youtu.be/9DsTJE5EBsU

He's another one I noticed purely by stats, this time from the league. He scored 16 goals in 27 matches last year, assisting 9 times along the way. Hsi best season by far having only score 4 and 6 respectively in the previous two seasons.

Now I remember.

(-■_■)

(ಠ_ಠ)ノ-■-■

(ಠ_ಠ)

mother of god

• Like 4

Nobody has mentioned Lowton as a possible out yet. He's comfortably our second best outfield player and potentially very "saleable" given his position, potential, age etc. I'll stick my neck on the line and say that towards the end of the season he was every bit as good as Baines.

Obviously I hope not, but those links with Arsenal were not unexpected. He's good enough.

£10m and we'd bend IMO...

I don't see it and no point in talking about Matty leaving just yet! He really does seem very happy here and grateful for the chance Lambert have given him! He needs to build on his performances from last season and hopefully he'll be here for a few seasons yet!