Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Serie A is still a quality league.

He plays in Serie B.
Wrong, he will play in Serie B if he is still with them when the season starts.

He has played most of his career in Serie B. Pescara came up last season and went straight back down again in last place.

It would be like buying someone from Reading and claiming they are a Premier League quality player.

He has played most of his career in Serie B. Pescara came up last season and went straight back down again in last place.

It would be like buying someone from Reading and claiming they are a Premier League quality player.

Most of his career? He's 21.

Edited by ArteSuave

OK suggests he does see Clark as more of a Utility man/DCM.

Can't see how you've made that conclusion, when Pl has never played Clark there, perhaps he just wants competition for places

Just basing it on the fact that it seems odd having 5 players challenging for 2 spots. Could well be wrong.

Granted PL hasn't played Clark there but he clearly has the ability to do that role.

If PL wants Capuano - I want Capuano.

A couple of points though:

1. Just because we have sufficient players in a position, if a great prospect becomes available for the right fee, surely we must sign them? If, for example, Clark become surplus as a result the squad and team will be better for it.
  2. His English is bloody good for a 21 year old Italian. There's a few on VT who could learn better English 'n stuff like from him!
  • Like 1

If we signed Capuano this may mean that we are looking at using a 3-5-2 formation at times next season. Although that would also mean we would desperately need an attacking midfielder, which I suppose we do anyway.

Eh? Why would you come to that conclusion?

Wouldn't think he'd cost more than £2-3m, good little defender from what I know of him, just hopefully we get him :3

I'm sure I saw that the reported fee was £700k-£1m ?

Where has there been a reported fee? (Not seen one myself).

I reckon Clark's contract was probably something to do with he'd have a year left and it was to ensure we'd get a bit of value if he was deemed surplus to requirements.

• Like 2

I reckon Clark's contract was probably something to do with he'd have a year left and it was to ensure we'd get a bit of value if he was deemed surplus to requirements.

Villa probably have seen it as giving him an extra 5k a week £260k but could mean a few mil if we decide to sell an Irish International Centre back at the end of next season.

Villa probably have seen it as giving him an extra 5k a week £260k but could mean a few mil if we decide to sell an Irish International Centre back at the end of next season.

But how is that when he'd be 5th choice ?

Anyway I'm getting your point and I agree with you .. Even if we sold him with 500k next .. better than him gone free + get a year from him if needed ..

If we signed Capuano this may mean that we are looking at using a 3-5-2 formation at times next season. Although that would also mean we would desperately need an attacking midfielder, which I suppose we do anyway.

Eh? Why would you come to that conclusion?

I also have a feeling Lambert wants to give the 3-5-2 another try but with better CBs.

Just a hunch but I recon we will see it again.