The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I believe we are being taken over by a consortium consisting of Januzaj, Dale Stephens & Jermaine Defoe.

Can Januzaj be part of a takeover bid if we have Cleverley on loan?

• Like 2

My guess is they will be human or humans and likely to be from Earth.

Nah you're mistaken. We get taken over it'll be out of this world! And we'll all be over the moon!
  • Like 2

Takeover talk is welcome. Wonder what would happen to Fox if the club gets a takeover. I'd like to think he will continue at the club.

I assume that is why we brought him in - he in himself has become an asset somewhat. Great win followed by almost confirmation that we'll be sold for £150m at the end of the season. Happy days ! :D

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 3

Takeover talk is welcome. Wonder what would happen to Fox if the club gets a takeover. I'd like to think he will continue at the club.

I assume that is why we brought him in - he in himself has become an asset somewhat. Great win followed by almost confirmation that we'll be sold for £150m at the end of the season. Happy days ! :D

Indeed. Fox was drafted in to build a prospectus and outline the vision of the club to potential investors/buyers. TF has way more control than PF ever did, I believe we will be a much transformed club (for the better) when he eventually moves on.

• Like 1

Indeed. Fox was drafted in to build a prospectus and outline the vision of the club to potential investors/buyers. TF has way more control than PF ever did, I believe we will be a much transformed club (for the better) when he eventually moves on.

Yep that is my view on it as well. For any potential new owner, they'll be able to invest without worrying about "running" the club - which is clearly what Fox is doing at the minute, a great deal more than PF it seems.

Randy has taken a back seat (even more so than before), and Fox is the decision maker now (as long as he gets the "sign off").

So what do we think guys, Chinese owners? The NJ Devils owners who were rumoured to be interested in us are buying Palace, so we can write them off.

I honestly believe the new Premier league TV deal is a game changer in terms of a takeover happening. It's on the cards now.

I also think Man City are now realising they picked the wrong club,

What does that last sentence mean? It makes no sense to me. Are you saying that because they've fluffed the champions league and title race this year, the owners picked the wrong club? Because...you know they've picked up the league title twice in the past few years, the first one for 44 years, qualify for the champions league and have a large new stadium that is packed every week because of said owners, right?

I honestly believe the new Premier league TV deal is a game changer in terms of a takeover happening. It's on the cards now.

I also think Man City are now realising they picked the wrong club,

What does that last sentence mean? It makes no sense to me. Are you saying that because they've fluffed the champions league and title race this year, the owners picked the wrong club? Because...you know they've picked up the league title twice in the past few years, the first one for 44 years, qualify for the champions league and have a large new stadium that is packed every week because of said owners, right?

They can't even fill the ground for big Champions League games and the atmosphere is flat. They bought a small club with massive potential but I think it will take years to make them the world force they plan on. It would have made more sense to invest in a Club that was already massive but just needed investment.

It's just my opinion mate.

The atmosphere is flat at most of these new stadiums...god I've been to a sell out emirates, and that was 60,000. Arsenal were winning 6-0 against coventry and you could still hear a pin drop.

I understand it's your opinion, of course, it's just not one I agree with. What they are doing with the cash is spending it more wisely than you think- these deals with overseas clubs, the money pumped into marketing them worldwide and the groundsroots schemes they have in the north west are cementing their place at the top end of English football. There's a reason that if you pick any sports retailer around the world to shop in, you can now buy a Man City shirt.

These oil sheikhs were not in it for the short run.

Â