The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I don't think John Percy would make the story up just because of what's happening at Palace, he normally seems quite reliable. As for the identity I'm not sure but we seem to have been making a big push towards the Chinese market of late and then you've got the 'American Phoenix' and Qatari rumours.

I actually think it's just made up nonsense. The timing of it is very suspect with the Crystal Palace news coming out yesterday too. Think it's someone having a stab in the dark....

Far from it

Do tell :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really care where they're from, as long as they run the club properly and invest as much as FFP allows.

Yeah, true. It's just that when you look at the clubs still under British ownership, it's all very underwhelming. I shouldn't generalise though - that was just my initial reaction.

i wonder if it's anything to do with that Howard Hodgson's consortium he was talking about months ago?

I don't think so, because he's since said that they made an offer but Randy was asking for a lot more so nothing came of it. 

I don't really care where they're from, as long as they run the club properly and invest as much as FFP allows.

**** that. I want them to spend much more and pay the fines.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

As long as they give us all the money to buy Messi I don't care.

Football is absolutely broken, it's perfectly possibly that we, along with many others, will never win a trophy ever again. And yet we're in semi-final blah wah.

Without significant investment to improve club infrastructure and the immediate first team, we're just floating along. I'd enjoy some on-pitch success until football eventually collapses.

• Like 1

As long as they give us all the money to buy Messi I don't care.

Football is absolutely broken, it's perfectly possibly that we, along with many others, will never win a trophy ever again. And yet we're in semi-final blah wah.

Without significant investment to improve club infrastructure and the immediate first team, we're just floating along. I'd enjoy some on-pitch success until football eventually collapses.

Yeah absolutely.

Football has pretty well lost it's soul at the top level. Given that, I'd rather be winning soulless trophies than moaning about how football is soulless and worrying about relegation.

• Like 2

Yeah, true. It's just that when you look at the clubs still under British ownership, it's all very underwhelming. I shouldn't generalise though - that was just my initial reaction.

My reaction was very much the same as yours, but American ownership has not been a success at Villa or Sunderland, Asian ownership has been problematic at other clubs. I think none of us will be too bothered about the nationality of new owners if the club is run properly.

• Like 1

My reaction was very much the same as yours, but American ownership has not been a success at Villa or Sunderland, Asian ownership has been problematic at other clubs. I think none of us will be too bothered about the nationality of new owners if the club is run properly.

That's the key thing I suppose. I hope Fox is retained on that basis. It's just you always think that foreign owners have greater access to/familiarity with other markets and are better placed to inflate our brand.

Read today that Southampton have made a profit of £34 million.

It really does show we don't need to throw money away and break FFP regulations to be a decent team. Hopefully the next owner makes better decisions than Lerner has.

• Like 2

Â