The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Don't we lose everytime he watch us play?

If he only rocks up to the "big" games then what does he expect.

As I said, glory hunter.

If you can show me another glory hunter that is willing to stump up 200mill pounds of their own dosh to the club for the privilege then I'd happily give up my seat.

• Like 3

As I said, glory hunter.

If you can show me another glory hunter that is willing to stump up 200mill pounds of their own dosh to the club for the privilege then I'd happily give up my seat.

I'm sure we could show you thousands of people who care a lot more than he does, or ever will! We're in the semi despite him, not because of him and his pocket money.

Yeah, we're the only club in World football where the owner of the club isn't also the most passionate fan of the club. Some of the criticism of Lerner is hilarious.

And how many others branded their leg with a tattoo and made out they were?

As I said, glory hunter.

What privilege? He doesn't show. He shuns his privilege.

Obviously though he is entitled to his seat at Wembley. It was a half tongue in cheek post. Hey ho.

• Like 1

better to have tried and failed as to have never tried at all....from his point of view.

Just wish he hadn't carried on with the "failing" phase of his reign for quite so long before he realised the game was up. Also wish he hadn't failed at selling the club as well.

better to have tried and failed as to have never tried at all....from his point of view.

Just wish he hadn't carried on with the "failing" phase of his reign for quite so long before he realised the game was up. Also wish he hadn't failed at selling the club as well.

I will reserve my judgment on all aspects of Lerner, until I see the new owners and what they have to offer.....I guess the Newcastle fans could have gone through something similar with Hall/Sheppard and then they get Mike Ashley.

Its not always nailed on we will get better, despite the low view some have of Lerner and his well documented mistakes.

Yeah, we're the only club in World football where the owner of the club isn't also the most passionate fan of the club. Some of the criticism of Lerner is hilarious.

The only hilarious thing about some of the criticism is how lightly he gets off.

For me a big part of his legacy will come down to whose hands he leaves us in.

Yup. He'll never be totally absolved of blame (and rightly so), but you only have to look at Blackpool's plight to see that things could be much much worse.

The only hilarious thing about some of the criticism is how lightly he gets off.

Interesting how 2 opposite views raises the same level of humour :)

He made poor decisions/was badly advised initially in getting together a squad on silly contracts - but at the same time, we were finishing top 6 consistently and fans loved it.  We didn't care.

Then the shit hit the fan and we struggled.  Lerner cut costs massively and has both kept the club in the league and, more importantly, now at a seemingly more stable level.  The fans have turned and hate him.

The nature of football is that a club being successful is a happy club, a club struggling is not.  Most people want an oil baron to come in and fund the team to the top 4 - Lerner gets dogs abuse for this not having happened under him...

...yet the same fans giving him dogs abuse expect him to take a seat at every single Villa game.

Football fans are words removed.

Â