The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Randy Lerner is like a chameleon he has changed...The first 4 years were very much different from the last 4 years....The first 4 were not austerity....the second 4 years was and very much as a result of the problems attributed to buying and selling of players in the that period.

If I was comparing Aston villa with Everton.....I would be more inclined to attribute their success over us on the basis of their managers than the owners. If you say that they have spent more on individuals than us, you would be right.... but is that due to the prudency of the managers sales or the chairmans pocket?

No I know that the first 4 years weren't but as I've already stated, it was the lack of financial control in those years by Lerner that set the conditions under which the managers were forced to work for the next 4 years. Terrible management of the club by Lerner.

That means Moyes was provided with a far more stable environment in which a football club could be built. 

Yes the success Everton had on the pitch was down to Moyes but I'm baffled how anyone can't see the different between how Everton and Villa have been run and the fact that it has a barring on what happens on the football side of the club. 

You talk about prudence of managers but it isn't for managers to budget/set budgets that is for those above them, if you keep giving any manager money he is likely to go and spend it unless its Wenger obviously.

Yes our managers have wasted money compared to Moyes but that is going to happen when you chop and change players and when you lurch in styles of manager from O'Neill to Houllier to McLeish.

Great discussion lads. Hopefully we are at the start of a diiferent 4 year cycle with the lessons learnt from the previous 2!

Regardless of the pr coming from fox and lambert, i don't think lerner wants any part of building something new with this club.

• Like 2

Randy Lerner is like a chameleon he has changed...The first 4 years were very much different from the last 4 years....The first 4 were not austerity....the second 4 years was and very much as a result of the problems attributed to buying and selling of players in the that period.

If I was comparing Aston villa with Everton.....I would be more inclined to attribute their success over us on the basis of their managers than the owners. If you say that they have spent more on individuals than us, you would be right.... but is that due to the prudency of the managers sales or the chairmans pocket?

No I know that the first 4 years weren't but as I've already stated, it was the lack of financial control in those years by Lerner that set the conditions under which the managers were forced to work for the next 4 years. Terrible management of the club by Lerner.

That means Moyes was provided with a far more stable environment in which a football club could be built. 

Yes the success Everton had on the pitch was down to Moyes but I'm baffled how anyone can't see the different between how Everton and Villa have been run and the fact that it has a barring on what happens on the football side of the club. 

You talk about prudence of managers but it isn't for managers to budget/set budgets that is for those above them, if you keep giving any manager money he is likely to go and spend it unless its Wenger obviously.

Yes our managers have wasted money compared to Moyes but that is going to happen when you chop and change players and when you lurch in styles of manager from O'Neill to Houllier to McLeish.

Great discussion lads. Hopefully we are at the start of a diiferent 4 year cycle with the lessons learnt from the previous 2!

Regardless of the pr coming from fox and lambert, i don't think lerner wants any part of building something new with this club.

Agreed. It's all designed to keep the fans quiet why he tries in vain to flog the club.

Let's hope we're not relegated before he manages to find a buyer, because make no mistake, he couldn't give a damn about our club.

Agreed. It's all designed to keep the fans quiet why he tries in vain to flog the club.

Let's hope we're not relegated before he manages to find a buyer, because make no mistake, he couldn't give a damn about our club.

Stupid little rich kid playing with Daddy's inheritance!! He could loose all his money he invested in us and it wouldn't make one jot of difference to his insulted life in a bubble of dollars.

And what does he do to make it all worse? Gives the worst manager ever another 4 years to ply his dogshit football onto us supporters. What a legacy!!

We are in a place where the same money can be spent as the last few seasons but on less players

I honestly didn't think Lerner would make a more idiotic decision than appointing McLeish. 

To give this guy a new 4 year deal on what 3 decent performances at the start of the season was knee jerk lunacy at its worst.

My gut reaction was we should've waited until xmas just to see if he could keep us in this form for more than a few games.

What was the rush? If we move at snail pace to offer fresh terms to Vlaar and Delph, then Lambert could certainly wait for his new deal as he's hardly an in demand manager based on results in the last few seasons.

We need a change of ownership ASAP. It's the only thing I can see fundamentally changing the position we've been in over the past few seasons.

That I would agree with.

A change of manager would just be cosmetic, o.k we might rise a few places in the league and play better football but fundamentally to ever challenge the top 6 on a consistent basis again we new fresh direction, fresh leadership and fresh investment.

And as we've seen from other clubs that's still not a guarantee of success.

If we move at snail pace to offer fresh terms to Vlaar and Delph

I wouldn't be so sure we're moving slowly offering them terms, more like they've either indicated they're not interested for the moment, or they've knocked us back and said no

This is like groundhog day now. I'm so tired of it all. I want him to go. He won't go. We won't go down. We'll nearly go down but we won't. We'll buy a couple of meh players but still get excited. We'll then be awful again. We'll want him to go. He won't go. We won't go down. We'll nearly go down but we won't. We'll buy a couple of meh players but still get excited. We'll then be awful again. We'll want him to go. He won't go. We won't go down. We'll nearly go down but we won't. We'll buy a couple of meh players but still get excited. We'll then be awful again. We'll want him to go. He won't go. We won't go down. We'll nearly go down but we won't. We'll buy a couple of meh players but still get excited. We'll then be awful again. We'll want him to go. He won't go. We won't go down. We'll nearly go down but we won't. We'll buy a couple of meh players but still get excited. We'll then be awful again. We'll want him to go. He won't go. We won't go down. We'll nearly go down but we won't. We'll buy a couple of meh players but still get excited. We'll then be awful again. We'll want him to go. He won't go. We won't go down. We'll nearly go down but we won't. We'll buy a couple of meh players but still get excited. We'll then be awful again. We'll want him to go. He won't go. We won't go down. We'll nearly go down but we won't. We'll buy a couple of meh players but still get excited. We'll then be awful again.

Josh Harris who was linked with buying us from Randy is apparently soon to buy Crystal Palace ('90% agreed') according to The Guardian website. At least it tells us that these things can happen during the season (would that be a good thing though?) and can be kept pretty quiet.

• Like 1

The Cleveland Browns have started to with since Randy has gone. Just sayin

Bottom of their division and probably won't make the play offs. I'd say nothing has changed.

Getting beat by a team 0-6 2 weeks back as well.  Work with a guy from Cleveland and things havent changed in his eyes.

If anyone who is dissatisfied with this operation goes to another game or spends a further pound on the club, they need to examine themselves. The club doesn't give a shit about fans save as revenue streams. Lerner can choke on his entire investment and be left to give the club away for all I care. No more money from me or eyeballs on games until these people are gone.

See how they'd like an empty stadium for the Spurs game. THAT would create real change.

We're financially outpaced by the likes of Swansea, Southampton and West Brom. How does that even happen from the base level of 3 consecutive 6th placed finishes? Why can Spurs and Everton go from strength to strength while we have been lucky to avoid relegation for the past 3 seasons? We've been absolutely run into the ground.

If we go down we'll be more likely to do a Leeds than Newcastle, because we just wont invest the sort of money required to get back up.

I want Lambert out but while we continue to be run so poorly and fail to compete financially with even our relegation rivals, changing the manager at this stage would be like shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic.

Why can Spurs and Everton go from strength to strength while we have been lucky to avoid relegation for the past 3 seasons? We've been absolutely run into the ground.

Because Martin O'Neill was allowed to spend ludicrous amounts of money on fees and wages for players that had zero sell-on value

• Like 1

Â