The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I think Lerner's problem is - without being racist so no arsey comments please - his nationality. He seems to have thought that the match day experience thing is key to someone enjoying football. It is if the match day involves not seeing your team lose!

I'd rather look at shitty walls and see winning footie than have fancy decoration and see my team played off the park.

• Like 1

Not at all, I've given him credit when and where it is due but generally speaking I think he has been a poor owner, made poor decisions and made a mess of his time at the club. I'm sure he is a good guy but good owner? He is a very very long way from that.

I don't mind poor decisions - so long as you learn from them.

Signing Lambert to another few years shows he hasn't.

• Like 1

I agree with that......but disagree with your jaundiced view on him in general .....and that is not saying he is blameless, but think the view is a tad singular.

Not at all, I've given him credit when and where it is due but generally speaking I think he has been a poor owner, made poor decisions and made a mess of his time at the club. I'm sure he is a good guy but good owner? He is a very very long way from that.

For me .....it's the selection of managers which I will join in with you, but my point is he does get the blame for some things that would be better targeted at his subordinates.

We need another 50m please

With someone on the end of it that can buy the players that can improve the quality of our play, that may subsequently improve our performances.

The 50mill is just the first fence on a race course

Edited by TRO

I think Lerner's problem is - without being racist so no arsey comments please - his nationality. He seems to have thought that the match day experience thing is key to someone enjoying football. It is if the match day involves not seeing your team lose!

I'd rather look at shitty walls and see winning footie than have fancy decoration and see my team played off the park.

His nationality has got **** all to do with it - naivety doesn't adhere to national boundaries.

Giving Lambert a new 4-year contract is right up there with Newcastle giving Pardew an 8-year contract.

In fact it's probably even worse as Pardew had at least at the time he was given the contract done something to deserve it.

Giving Lambert a new 4-year contract is right up there with Newcastle giving Pardew an 8-year contract.

In fact it's probably even worse as Pardew had at least at the time he was given the contract done something to deserve it.

I've never understood Lerner, Saying that I don't think he understands himself.

I agree with that......but disagree with your jaundiced view on him in general .....and that is not saying he is blameless, but think the view is a tad singular.

For me .....it's the selection of managers which I will join in with you, but my point is he does get the blame for some things that would be better targeted at his subordinates.

Such as?

Such as?

Managing results and performances

Such as?

Managing the results and performances of the football team.

Both HDE and RL have a decent record of appointing unsuccessful managers...

...but the main difference between the two, was/is Randy is financially stronger to ignore the fans...Doug could'nt.

...but the main difference between the two, was/is Randy is financially stronger to ignore the fans...Doug could'nt.

Randy couldn't give a flying f#ck. That's the real difference.

Randy couldn't give a flying f#ck. That's the real difference.

Oh I think he does....but prefers to let things work themselves out rather than manage them....he seems a procrastinator rather than a driver....not defending that bye he way.

Don't get wrong...he ain't great,But how many owners can keep funding poor signings or players that we appear to get little from.

He chooses the managers and that's the bit I am opposed to him for....but he has had some dough wasted for him.

I think he is kinda caught in the headlights....because there are clearly clubs that have made a better fist of their funding than us.....and that is not necessarily down to him.

Edited by TRO

Such as?

Only nobody blames him for those things as far as I can see. What they blame him for and are entirely right to do so is the conditions under which the results and performances have come and for the appointments he has made.

Big difference between the two.

Such as?

Only nobody blames him for those things as far as I can see. What they blame him for and are entirely right to do so is the conditions under which the results and performances have come and for the appointments he has made.

Big difference between the two.

Could you possibly explain what conditions you refer too, as the only ones I can think of is unconditionally funding poor players until we eventually by way of trial an error get it right.

Sounds like I'm defending him ,but I'm not....I just don' t think that the restricted funds need to be as damaging as you allude to...Sanchez, Vlaar,and Okore are all very similar priced....2 are not in the team,and seem unlikely to be imminently and one is one of our best players....is that funds or talent spotting?

Â