The Randy Lerner thread

CI

He's going. I suspected all season he would go as long as we stayed up.

Time for wholesale change at the club to start a new chapter.

Yes. A new and exciting chapter. 

.....hope the next person parts with a 25% of their personal wealth.

....hope being the operative word

• Like 1

He's going. I suspected all season he would go as long as we stayed up.

Time for wholesale change at the club to start a new chapter.

Yes. A new and exciting chapter.

.....hope the next person parts with a 25% of their personal wealth.

....hope being the operative word

25 % of 50 billion!!!!!!????????

what make you say that any solid proof.

The fact that nearly everything that account has claimed has come true, everything that he says is written in a manner which indicates it is a club statement or from club personnel, and the account tweets so rarely that it seems they only tweet with concrete stuff.

cheers mate. I was only asking this. So the club person or someone closed to the club have broken rules.

what has this account got right before?

Person has said he/she works for Villa, and that the account was set up to "renew & reestablish an interrelationship with the fans."

He said a long time ago to expect "a lot of activity in the next 7-10 days", then retweeted it the day before we signed a million players.

Now we have secured our top flight status, the recently interesting stuff begins. Will he sell? Will he invest? Has he got some potential other investors coming on board? Will it be the same shit next season? Does he regret ever buying Villa and wasting millions of his money in order for the club to go nowhere from when he bought it? Is Lambert part of the future at Villa?  Questions, questions.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

I don't think so. It's almost absurd to think that we WON'T be taken over tbh. All the wheels are in motion and it's clear as daylight that this is it for Randy. There will be a takeover; the only question is who will take us over.

I don't think so. It's almost absurd to think that we WON'T be taken over tbh. All the wheels are in motion and it's clear as daylight that this is it for Randy. There will be a takeover; the only question is who will take us over.
Really? what wheels are in motion? How is it clear as daylight and how do you know anything?

IMHO It is not as clear cut as you and others make out. Some plonker from another site, states categorically that we are being taken over by certain billionaires and is subsequently discredited, a number of newspapers put 2+2 together based on fan speculation, but have no other evidence and a ****fest begins. I will believe it when I see it. If I am wrong I am happy, but I remain very sceptical. I still think that it is possible that it isn't a "takeover" and that something else is in the offing.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 3

Really? what wheels are in motion? How is it clear as daylight and how do you know anything?

IMHO It is not as clear cut as you and others make out. Some plonker from another site, states categorically that we are being taken over by certain billionaires and is subsequently discredited, a number of newspapers put 2+2 together based on fan speculation, but have no other evidence and a ****fest begins. I will believe it when I see it. If I am wrong I am happy, but I remain very sceptical. I still think that it is possible that it isn't a "takeover" and that something else is in the offing.

Fair enough. I guess we will see but it's going to be an interesting/fun summer!

Â