The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Why would Lambert sign a new contract if there was so much uncertainty over the owner.  He must be privy to some information that we are not.  Either Lerner is not selling and going again or the club has already been/nearly sold.  Same applies to our new CEO coming in.  From the information we have as fans, it doesn’t add up.

Why would Lambert sign a new contract if there was so much uncertainty over the owner.  He must be privy to some information that we are not.  Either Lerner is not selling and going again or the club has already been/nearly sold.  Same applies to our new CEO coming in.  From the information we have as fans, it doesn’t add up.

What does Lambert have to lose? If Lerner stays he gets a long term contract on (presumably) better wages. If Lerner goes Lambert receives a hefty bonus for that contact and a P45. 

I hear Spuds are up for sale for 1.77 billion.

I can't decide whether that makes us look better or worse to a potential owner.

It makes us look like the buy of the century! Are they seriously asking that much!? I think Abramovich has spent just over a Billion on Chesea over the 11 or so years.

It makes us look like the buy of the century! Are they seriously asking that much!? I think Abramovich has spent just over a Billion on Chesea over the 11 or so years.

Spurs are based in London and have a huge waiting list for season tickets. That alone makes them worth at least twice as much as Villa. 

Spurs are based in London and have a huge waiting list for season tickets. That alone makes them worth at least twice as much as Villa. 

So a less than a third of 1.77bn pounds. I think that figure is absurd. You'd think with the potential we have at £200m we're a steal.

So a less than a third of 1.77bn pounds. I think that figure is absurd.

It's also probably not correct. I have seen lots of figures for the price of Spurs in the media and they all vary wildly and are just guesses at the actual asking price IMO.

Lambert will get the same amount of money if he is here for 4 days, 4 months or 4 years.

What's not to loose putting pen to paper?

AT LEAST four million pounds then.

Four million pounds a billion pounds does not make?

I posted a while back, I have it on very good authority that he is (or at least was) very interested in buying us.

when you say good authority... what do you mean?

Wasn't we very close to selling back in March but it fell at the last fence?

So a less than a third of 1.77bn pounds. I think that figure is absurd. You'd think with the potential we have at £200m we're a steal.

Being in London does add some value, and having a waiting list for tickets shows they're popular, but 1.77bn pounds just seems crazy money to me. Man Utd costs the Glazers £800m 9 years ago, when they were (and probably still are) the biggest club in the world. Adjusted for inflation that's about £1.07bn.

I think it makes us look a good deal.

Â