The Randy Lerner thread

CI

At this rate, Lerner's going to have to spend some money ion January. If we are still in the FA Cup and have a whiff of 6th place, he'll be compelled to strengthen....

He wasn't compelled when we were nailed on to go down and we only signed Sylla ;)

I know, it's very much wishful thinking

You can call it grumpy I call it realistic I can't be arsed with the moaning that happens likewise after losing 3 in a row to top 6 teams

This is it exactly. Great start, no doubt, but let's not get carried away because a couple of losses playing the exact same way people are lauding right now will turn into Lambert out abuse because we aren't making enough chances.

I'd like us to be measured here. We can see the improvement and we all want it to continue.

Just like this start doesn't mean we're awesome, losing a few on the trot won't make us awful.

We are what we are and that's one of the better teams in the group of "the rest", capable of a finish anywhere between 15th and 9th. Just like we were before a ball was kicked this season

Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

You can call it grumpy I call it realistic I can't be arsed with the moaning that happens likewise after losing 3 in a row to top 6 teams

This is it exactly. Great start, no doubt, but let's not get carried away because a couple of losses playing the exact same way people are lauding right now will turn into Lambert out abuse because we aren't making enough chances.

I'd like us to be measured here. We can see the improvement and we all want it to continue.

Just like this start doesn't mean we're awesome, losing a few on the trot won't make us awful.

We are what we are and that's one of the better teams in the group of "the rest", capable of a finish anywhere between 15th and 9th. Just like we were before a ball was kicked this season

Feck sake! Lighten up please. We know we aren't going to finish where we are. So enjoy the party while you can.

• Like 3

I don't think anyone is really being entirely serious about it all :P

Feck sake! Lighten up please. We know we aren't going to finish where we are. So enjoy the party while you can.

I genuinely cannot understand the mindset of anyone who can take anything negative out of that post I made...

• Like 1

BKK- I think  its more to do with the fact that if we had lost all four everyone would be on Lambert's back at once, no one would be shouting FFS lads we all know we aren't really that bad and this crap run won't go on forever so stop being so bleak and negative.

Had someone come on and said that last season they'd have been (and probably were) lambasted.

There's room for all views here including cautious one's.

i doubt anyone was prophetic enough to foresee this start and indeed it's a start to enjoy, but to enjoy with cautious optimism.  It's still only 10 points towards safety in my view.

The good thing is we have beaten (or at least not lost to) those teams who we expect to have around us come the end of the season.  Taken a great 3 points at Anfield (even if the performance was a bit "backs to the walls").

The major positive point for me is in 4 games we have never really looked like we were panicking in defence.  Particularly against Stoke, I thought they were never going to score if they played for another 90 minutes.

I would still like to see us on the front foot a lot more though and retain possession so we don't invite the onslaught as much as we do.  Newcastle just got shown their ar5e by Southampton but we still conceded lots of possession and territory in the second half to them.  Still a lot of room for improvement.

Even without Benteke we should be able to hang onto the ball better than we do.

Anyway sorry but that was all off topic (just realised) so..... Anyone seen Randy Lerner or his chequebook recently?

Edited by CannockVillan

Â