The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I reckon he might be coming over to meet the new lads in person. I think it was mentioned he was here a week ago though, so you'd think he would have met everyone with exception to Sanchez. Who knows, we'll just have to see if anything happens in the next few days.

I doubt Randy would have to be here to sanction any player buys or sales though, would he? 

Edited by Ginko

I reckon he might be coming over to meet the new lads in person. I think it was mentioned he was here a week ago though, so you'd think he would have met everyone with exception to Sanchez. Who knows, we'll just have to see if anything happens in the next few days.

I doubt Randy would have to be here to sanction any player buys or sales though, would he?

Well hasn't for the last three years when we've signed players.

Must give Lerner some credit where due, I never expected this degree of improvement to the club (including Keane and Fox) since the news of the club being put up for sale. 

I think in almost every way the club has been more promising since he said he wanted to sell....so far from disliking being in limbo I actually prefer this !

Yeah I think he has finally realised if he wants to sell the club he needs to get it in a better state then it has been.

Must give Lerner some credit where due, I never expected this degree of improvement to the club (including Keane and Fox) since the news of the club being put up for sale.

Really? I am quite staggered that anyone could give RL credit for spending peanuts! It is sweet FA to do with him.

Really? I am quite staggered that anyone could give RL credit for spending peanuts! It is sweet FA to do with him.

Pretty sure it is something to do with him. He owns this company. He pays these people to work for his company.

According to thetrees on twitter Lerner jet has popped over to Sardinia?

could be just gone on holidays

Maybe? Maybe not?

Well there we have it. Another mystery solved.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 4

Until the day he actually signs over control of Villa to someone else, the running of the football club is everything to do with Lerner. So I agree that he does deserve a bit of credit for the work that has gone on this summer

I find it hard to give him credit. We've still got key players into their last 12 months of a contract. We still have a manager into his last 12 months. We've still spent less than the majority of teams in the league and the club is still up for sale with no new owner looking likely.

So while I'm pleased with the appointment of Keane and fox I don't think Lerner deserves credit for this summer.

• Like 1

Â