The Randy Lerner thread

CI

May not be the same, don't know until you add up populations etc. I can't be arsed with that, but what I was saying was 30k is bloody embarrassing for a club our size in the premier.

It wasn't a bloody Newcastle are better than us comment FFS.

One thing I would also say about the attendance though, I dashed straight off to the T20 final afterwards (that was amazing, what an atmosphere) I saw a lot of villa fans there, spoke to a few ST holders who missed the Newcastle game as they had bought their tickets in advance of the fixture list (which we all had to do) so they will be back for the hull game. Obviously can't tell how many were in this boat but this was just from talking to people immediately around me so could be a lot??

I think that's important, although I think ST holders are counted in the attendance whether they actually go to the ground or not?

But there were about 23,000 people at the T20 finals and anyone supporting Warwickshire (sorry, "Birmingham Bears" :angry: ) would have wanted to be there at 11am for the semi final. Frankly, it was a better event as well! Would have thought  there would be loads of Villa fans there so that might help to explain the lower figure at VP.

The team has lost 19 home league games in 2 seasons. i.e. half of all the home games played have been defeats. We've lost at home to Sheffield Utd in the FA cup and generally been utterly pants for about 4 years at home.We rarely win at home, rarely score more than one goal and often don't have any shots on target.We sell our best players and don't replace them.And they put the prices up.it's amazing that anyone turns up at all.

Spot on. Fans are voting with their feet. Only the arrival of a new owner with real ambition will coax them back.

The team has lost 19 home league games in 2 seasons. i.e. half of all the home games played have been defeats. We've lost at home to Sheffield Utd in the FA cup and generally been utterly pants for about 4 years at home.We rarely win at home, rarely score more than one goal and often don't have any shots on target.We sell our best players and don't replace them.And they put the prices up.it's amazing that anyone turns up at all.

Spot on. Fans are voting with their feet. Only the arrival of a new owner with real ambition will coax them back.

Or we win a few games in a row, which will happen at some point this season. To get back to filling VP every weekend will take a couple of seasons of decent results but decent attendances will only take 2 or 3 home wins.

The team has lost 19 home league games in 2 seasons. i.e. half of all the home games played have been defeats. We've lost at home to Sheffield Utd in the FA cup and generally been utterly pants for about 4 years at home.

We rarely win at home, rarely score more than one goal and often don't have any shots on target.

We sell our best players and don't replace them.

And they put the prices up.

it's amazing that anyone turns up at all.

.....well said that man

no... an owner will coax no one back....in isolation.

you seem to assume a new owner will guarantee the signings we require?.....no what will coax folk back is having a reasonable chance of winning at home and that means signing the kind of players that will give us that chance, allied to the kind of belief that delivers those wins.

whether that means they have to be big money signings or the manager and his staff pull a rabbit out of the bag....who cares.....we just need the right players to do the necessary.

Folk will come back, but after seasons of false dawns, they want to get their belief back too

We have had one home game in the summer holidays on TV. Yes the attendance is down but not as big as some make out. Maybe 4/5 thousand tops. I'm sure if it wasn't on TV wasn't clashing with the T20 we would have at least halved that gap. Anybody who states the owner as a reason not to go to games for me is having a laugh. The football last year was enough to warrant people not going and it needs to improve massively this year. I still think we will have a good season and the basis for that will be an improved home record. A win tonight followed by one on Sunday will hopefully be the start of it.

Randy,

What would it take for you to consider sacking Lambert?

Him sat fishing with Gazza?

Another 5 left backs this window?

No shots on target at Villa Park this decade?

Randy? Randy? Are you alive?

• Like 2

Randy,

What would it take for you to consider proper investment in the team?

Lambert so short of money and options he actually has to sign Gazza?

Another 5 teams around us strengthening and moving farther away from us this window?

No shots on target at Villa Park this decade?

Randy? Randy? Are you alive?

Randy isn't going to sack Lambert or invest seriously in the team.

I know it's obvious my post was merely to show that actually there is a better target than solely the manager

• Like 2

Randy isn't going to sack Lambert or invest seriously in the team.

I know it's obvious my post was merely to show that actually there is a better target than solely the manager

But no one sees Randy at the games, so Lambert is the easier target

I doubt jake humphries is ITK about Lerner's attitude.

Also if true that would worry me. How do you go from wanting out and telling the world your heart isn't in to then being rejuvenated in the space of a few months?

• Like 1

Â