The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Its on Twitter.....just move on. All we need now is JulieB and Howard Hodgson to start commenting like they are really ITK.

If it is Micky Arison, we'll finally have a great owner.  He's transformed the Miami Heat into the best team in the NBA, knocking the Lakers off the throne and building a legendary team of all stars in the process.  Granted, haters will claim that the three star players of the Heat (James, Wade, & Bosh) were the ones who orchestrated the move and Miami just happened to be the club they decided to meet up at, but nevertheless, this Miami Heat team is one of the best of all time in the history of the NBA.  

I'd be very very very happy if he bought Villa, or at least helped provide investment.

Edited by KMitch

Last night's private charter visitor came from Beirut, which is in a region of the guy's interest, so may have been him

The private charter Saturday night was empty. Positioned in to take a pop star out yesterday.

So nothing to do with the Villa.

• Like 1

I'm off the hook as he doesn't own a jet!

Well then, I don't want him taking over if he can't afford one!

What sort of pleb doesn't own a private jet!?

The sort who understands the value of money having earned his own fortune rather than squandered his inheritance perhaps ;)

The sort who understands the value of money having earned his own fortune rather than squandered his inheritance perhaps ;)

Well that aint Arison, he is another Billionaire who inherited his fortune.

Well that aint Arison, he is another Billionaire who inherited his fortune.

And he has two super yachts!

For any sizeable business in the US, owning corporate jets is pretty efficient. Randy Lerner's isn't a toy, it is a business tool. All of your UK billionaires own at least one (Al Fayed, Green, Dyson, Branson, Ashcroft (spit)), those kind of people, but they are a lot more expensive to run in Europe.

The Arison guy would presumably have been using Carnival's jet up until last year. Maybe he has one now, or uses a charter company. 

Randy started up, managed and owned his own investment company for 10 years which he then sold. He was then chairman of MBNA for around 2-3 years up until the point when they flogged the company with a share premium of around 25%.

Money makes money; and I'm sure he got a helping hand with start up costs from his Dad. That's not to say that he hasn't made some of his own money; it obviously doesn't necessarily mean anything when it comes to running a football club either.

I appreciate the fact that private jets movements led to the breaking of the OGS story, but other than that, is it really relevant or interesting?

Not really, I was probably 'defending' Randy Lerner (no Mr., just for you!) as it appeared that his ownership of a jet was being used as another stick to beat him with.

No more jet talk from me...............

• Like 1

So the miami heat owner will take us over, sony will be our new sponsor. Damn. Cannot wait until the summer where we get the inevitable interview from talksport where we need to lower our expectations on transfer dealings. :hooray:

What I am about to say isn't popular on VT.

Nothing has changed for me 4 straight defeats still doesn't change the bigger picture.

We are as of this summer (assuming the same budget) now breaking even, on a personal view I don't see why we should expect as a club to spend more than what we earn. On a rules point of view we can't go over it by more than 15m a year (total yearly costs not signings) even if the owner does want to put that in.

When Soccer Saturday comes out with a comment like they apparently did this weekend I like the players mentioned and it shows with money Lambert will pick good players to come in however it doesn't fit with building a squad thus far but it does fit with building a team as of this summer as we don't need more fillers.

Therefore.

As Randy isn't going anywhere until we see concrete evidence he is selling up and Lambert going anywhere before the summer isn't going to happen and it isn't that likely he will go anywhere in the summer I think we as fans should wait to see if the assumed spend happens in the summer and who it is on before passing judgement and chanting "BOO S A" at Lerner if we aren't happy.

Edited by suttonpaul
  • Like 1

Â