Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Given the clamour to get this guy in the team I was expecting a standout performance on Saturday. As expected though he did nothing of note and doesn't look any better or worse than KEA. Suffers from Carlos Cuellar syndrome when he's not in the team he's suddenly 100% better than he actually is.

Given the clamour to get this guy in the team I was expecting a standout performance on Saturday. As expected though he did nothing of note and doesn't look any better or worse than KEA. Suffers from Carlos Cuellar syndrome when he's not in the team he's suddenly 100% better than he actually is.

He was good against Man City with Delph beside him ..

The formation won't help anyone to shine .. And his confidence level might not be that high atm .. 

Even when he played this year .. He played when were attacked all the game (End of Norwich game , Spurs (LC) , City , West Ham) ..

We need him in a games like Everton and Newcastle (When we were attacking and attacking .. Then we got cought easily) ..

The formation won't help anyone to shine .. And his confidence level might not be that high atm .. 

Even when he played this year .. He played when were attacked all the game (End of Norwich game , Spurs (LC) , City , West Ham) ..

We need him in a games like Everton and Newcastle (When we were attacking and attacking .. Then we got cought easily) ..

But with Sylla in the team we might not be attacking and attacking so much as, if you want to use the Man City game as an example, he gives the ball away all the time. Still think he's decent with the right balance around him. 

But with Sylla in the team we might not be attacking and attacking so much as, if you want to use the Man City game as an example, he gives the ball away all the time. Still think he's decent with the right balance around him. 

No I don't want to use Man City game as an example .. If I would have one I'd have Chelsea at home last year ..

We don't need to attack and attack because we're actually crap in defending counter attacks .. We need a good balance for that !

If I'm being honest .. The only players that me as a Villa fan think that they're able to do something when they have the ball are : Benteke , Gabby , Delph .. Less than them Lowton , Bacuna and Tonev (although he didn't feature a lot) .. I used to have faith in Weimann but to be honest my only hope with him is in positioning ..

If we agree with that .. Then let's just make our attacks all about them .. And balance the others defensively ..

In other words .. Let those players put their efforts and energies offensively .. While the others have the defensive duties ..

We won most of our games in our good run last year with 3 midfielders And scoring alot .. Reading , Sunderland , Norwich .. Not sure about QPR ..While drew mostly when we had only two ..

I just want from Sylla three things .. Tackle the ball .. Try to keep it .. Then pass it simple to the nearest player .. Nothing more than that .. I want his physical presence in our game ..

In other words , I agree with the last sentence that you said ..

Haha, I just thought the same thing but that`s probably more coincidence then anything else. 

Been a little bit underwhelming, I expected him to be our star in the midfield this season and...well it`s not going that way at the moment. Still feels him and delph should be our main players. Even if I am not a fan of westwood, he would do better than KEA which I feel is so unreliable it`s not even funny. 

Still like him a lot though and it`s gonna take a lot to convince me otherwise. Did Godsylla fall out as a nick name? I liked it

• 3 weeks later...

i thought the midfield three were poor in the first half, with our pass completion rate dreadful....

with delph back fit, i don't think sylla displaces either KEA or westy based on last night.... even with a beast hairstyle...

Â