Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Yes but Sylla has not impressed. I thought he would be one of the highlights of the season, really taking control in the midfield but that couldn`t be further from the truth. Either way, we need something new in that midfield, the only one I trust there is Delph at the moment....

rubbish. KEA offers more than Sylla, his workrate is amongst the best in the team and id say he is probably our best ball winner this season, Delph, Westwood and KEA is the best midfield we have at moment

Workrate, the man can't put a sodding tackle, if you want a midfielder to run around like a headless chicken then yep great midfield. This was also the midfield that was dominated by Karagounis, Sidwell and Parker (Dads Army select). KEA even losing the ball for Sidwell's opener.

And yet he put in 5 tackles on Sunday compared to Sylla's 1. Don't think anyone is saying KEA is a world beater but he's one of our best 3 midfielders at the moment

Sylla is a poor footballer, with poor technique, no real workrate and not much presence. KEA is streets ahead of him, although that's not saying much.

I'd much rather have Gardner in there, he is more deserving of a run out. Sylla IMO is not at all cut out for this level.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Some people want Sylla to replace our top tackling, top scoring midfielder. Please just show me one thing he has done this season to justify that.

This.

If KEA 'doesn't tackle', then we must have a really lightweight, unphysical league for him to be the 7th highest in terms of tackles per game so far this season!

Edited by Isa

Sylla is a poor footballer, with poor technique, no real workrate and not much presence. KEA is streets ahead of him, although that's not saying much.

I'd much rather have Gardner in there, he is more deserving of a run out. Sylla IMO is not at all cut out for this level.

When Gardner fully fit. Has he had any inhouse games under his belt yet. Hopefully he will replace the likes of Sylla

Johnson won't feature in the PL, maybe not ever, certainly not before a loan spell. Has not made a big enough impact on the reserves in goals and results.

Gardner, Grealish and Carruthers are next in the queue.

Playing Sylla with KEA will always be like this .. Although putting them with Delph for Westwood might show us something different ..

tbh to the lad .. He played couple of time out of position .. Or played without Delph which won't make him to shine as last season ..

I think he is much better in KEA's role too.

Well as he still didn't play in a combination of (Delph , Westwood , Sylla) I won't write him off .. Remember against Cardiff when KEA went out ? Sylla reminded me a bit of last season ..

This season he started Against (Man City , West Ham , Cardiff , West Brom and Man Utd) 

1-Sylla , KEA , Delph ..

2-Sylla KEA Westwood ..

3-Same as 2 ..

4-Same thing ..

5-Same thing ..

he started 5 games .. 4 of them where were no Delph .. And all of them were paired with KEA .. No chance for him to gel .. He had good 15 mins against Cardiff when KEA was subbed .. He was ok with some mistakes against City , But we expected that as it was his first start against a tough side ..

He wasn't good against West Brom because of a wrong formation .. and he was out of position ..

Until he's playing with Delph and Westwood .. I'll still give him the chance .. 

Although I'm thinking that  KEA is more attacking minded and he's the most midfielder you'd think he'll score ..

• Like 1

Some people want Sylla to replace our top tackling, top scoring midfielder. Please just show me one thing he has done this season to justify that.

This.

If KEA 'doesn't tackle', then we must have a really lightweight, unphysical league for him to be the 7th highest in terms of tackles per game so far this season!

Is that not a similar stat to when Barry Bannan was in the most accurate crossers in the league? People using these stats to justify, rather than actually watching the game to see what KEA actually offers. People go on about Sylla's passing, this guys is just as bad, he couldn't even make a simple two yard pass to Benteke on Sunday. Our midfield will not improve with KEA in it.

This.

Is that not a similar stat to when Barry Bannan was in the most accurate crossers in the league? People using these stats to justify, rather than actually watching the game to see what KEA actually offers. People go on about Sylla's passing, this guys is just as bad, he couldn't even make a simple two yard pass to Benteke on Sunday. Our midfield will not improve with KEA in it.

No because Bannan's was to do with accuracy which doesn't tell you how many crosses he actually made. Whereas KEA's is tackles per game (and he has started nearly all of our games) which is related to the number of tackles made. Therefore it can't be denied at all that he does indeed tackle. More then anybody else in our team. Also I'd disagree that this isn't noticeable as I certainly notice his contribution in terms of pressing and quite a lot of people have.

I'm not trying to overstate KEA by the way. He hasn't been playing great this season by any means but then very few of our players have. I agree with your final sentence but I think that applies to quite a few of our midfielders, not just KEA. Bar Delph, the rest are all mediocre at best as I have been saying all season which is why I concluded that we had one of the worst midfields in the division earlier in the season.

I think he's yet another case of "we got what we paid for"

Certainly a farmfoods purchase

Harsh. How can you say that about Yacouba.

I actually thought he was a decent player last season but this season he's been awful

Don't know if its because he hasn't featured alongside Delph and Westwood where he played his best stuff or it was just a flash in the pan

Â