Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Ah yes Sylla. Like most footballers, he get better every time he has not played. Played quite well in about 10 games last year and I am sure he will be part of the mix this year. But he is hardly Patrick Viera and Roy Keane's lovechild is he?

Please show a post where people are comparing him to that.

The facts are Sylla played his part in our survival last season and contributed to our win v City.

I couldn't believe he didn't start yesterday especially when I saw KEA had been dropped aswell.

Even Lambert admitted in a press conference last week Sylla was unlucky not to be playing but he didn't see a reason to change as "the midfield players have been excellent this season." Baffling.

Maybe Delph's inevitable 5th yellow card and suspension could have a positive as it might force Lambert to bring Sylla in?

I'd rather we paired Delph and Sylla together. They compliment each other.

Edited by Robbie09

Maybe Delph's inevitable 5th yellow card and suspension could have a positive as it might force Lambert to bring Sylla in?

I always worry when a manager has to be forced to bring in a player that most fans consider better suited, than he does.

we have been here before with some of our managers and it has always ended in tears.

Needs bringing back into the team tbh...

----------Sylla

---Delph----Westwood

Tonev----------Gabby

----------Benteke

Reverts us back to 4-3-2-1..

We then have to "wingers" who will run at full backs with pace and give them problems, defense picks itself atm without Okore.

El Ahmadi is good at breaking up play, but in my opinion Sylla has better vision and passing once he's got the ball, so really he needs to start in the games where we have more possession.

Then it's just the Lowton/Bacuna problem at the moment.

I don't think sylla has better passing or vision than kea. On the ball he is not at best, he is good at breaking up play and giving an easy ball. Yes, I would have him in the team at the moment but not because of his passing.

Don't agree with that at all, Sylla is far better than NRC ever was and I'm amazed he hasn't gotten into our starting 11 this season. He and Delph should be the main two CMs for me.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 4

Don't agree with that at all, Sylla is far better than NRC ever was and I'm amazed he hasn't gotten into our starting 11 this season. He and Delph should be the main two CMs for me.

This Delph and Sylla for me on current form. 

Westwood poor form - like him though

KEA - jury still out for me

Edited by LondonVillian

I always rated Reo-Coker. Ok, not great footballing ability, but strong, fast and had a good engine. Biggest problem with him was his wages and the fact that he was, allegedly, a tool of the highest order.

If Sylla turns out to be a similar quality player I would be happy with that, but he does look like he has a bit more skill on the ball.

He has a good first touch. I've seen it on example on multiple occasions. Trapping the ball from a good height. Neat little back heels with Lowton. His first time pass to Benteke for his last goal vs. Chelsea.

His passing isn't the best, but there's definitely some skill on the ball.

• Like 1

I never thought of Sylla as being all that skillful from what I have seen.

His biggest attributes seem to be his energy, pressing and snapping into tackles and his positioning.

Once he has the ball he doesn't do much with it.

but was a skill comparison between him and NRC ;)

His biggest attributes seem to be his energy, pressing and snapping into tackles and his positioning.

The best part of him is that he knows that .. And tries to play the easy pass .. If I'm not mistaken , even his long passes are good .. Which isn't bad as we would drop our best passer for him .. 

I agree with your assessment of him...but his skill base that you describe would have been pretty damn useful in our recent home defeats.

Edited by TRO

Â