Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

He's not too bad off the ball (closing down, putting a foot in etc) but looks every bit a French League 2 player when on it.

I think this is why we'd be better off playing him directly in front of the defence, rather than in a position where he is making runs or trying to make creative passes that clearly aren't going to come off.

He is a defensive player, good off the ball and strong in the tackle, he'd provide good cover for the entire defence and would also allow his fellow midfielders like Delph to get forward more without worrying.

The problem with playing him in that position would be that he'd be the one to get the ball off the centre backs. Not sure how comfortable I feel about that !

He's not too bad off the ball (closing down, putting a foot in etc) but looks every bit a French League 2 player when on it.

I think this is why we'd be better off playing him directly in front of the defence, rather than in a position where he is making runs or trying to make creative passes that clearly aren't going to come off.

He is a defensive player, good off the ball and strong in the tackle, he'd provide good cover for the entire defence and would also allow his fellow midfielders like Delph to get forward more without worrying.

The problem with playing him in that position would be that he'd be the one to get the ball off the centre backs. Not sure how comfortable I feel about that !

Indeed, that's why you would have to play Westwood next to him and push Delph much further up.

I'm happy to give him some grace, he was very much part of the team that played good football and picked up points between Feb and May last year.<br /><br />Much prefer him to KEA too.

<br />I can't understand how anyone can prefer Sylla to KEA. KEA gets a lot of (mostly unfair) criticism for me. Whereas Sylla deserves all the criticism he gets. What are his attributes exactly? Maybe that he has good stamina, is fairly strong, is Benteke's mate. Certainly not anything to do with ability or a football brain. <br />All about opinions I guess and our manager seems to rate him! I'd sooner release him on a free than see him wear a Villa shirt again.

Problem for Sylla is that if he only gets 10/15 minutes every 3/4 games, then how is he supposed to improve? As far as i'm aware he doesn't get games for the U21's so he's getting almost 0 match time. It's a shame we can't let him out on a short term loan to get some confidence back.

Well he started v Man. United and was terrible so that's probably why Lambert is reluctant to give him starts. Was also very poor in antoher game he started, West Brom?

I too thought he was looking a player at the end of last season but clearly not.

Â