Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I can't believe he was at such a lowly level in France, and I'm surprised Wenger hadn't snapped him up as he's his sort of signing. Could be nearly as good a signing as Benteke, coming on leaps and bounds, and I reckon he has goals in him too. I think he will be the big thing next season, to me he looks the real deal.

• Like 1

I think we are still missing goals from midfield. If only Delph could chip in with a few. 

he really should be getting in box a bit more. His miss vs Fulham probably killed his confidence

I can't believe he was at such a lowly level in France, and I'm surprised Wenger hadn't snapped him up as he's his sort of signing. Could be nearly as good a signing as Benteke, coming on leaps and bounds, and I reckon he has goals in him too. I think he will be the big thing next season, to me he looks the real deal.

I think it's still too early to be that confident. I remember us being all excited about Albrighton bring the next big thing.

Thoroughly unconvinced until the last two games. Looked great on Saturday. Still a bit naive but showing great promise.

I can't understand this. He's been a stand out in every game I've seen him in.

Can't remember a signing that I've been so underwhelmed by that has totally proved me wrong from the get go.

To be fair, I'd not managed to get to many games for a while so my opinion was largely based on highlights ;)

Me neither, I live in NZ lol. I've paid close attention to him on streams

It does kind of show how bad MON's transfer policy was.

For £6m less than NRC we have a better DM (looks that way anyway), we paid £3m more than Harewood for Benteke and we have a world class forward who we can potentially sell for £25m. Remember prices are probably higher now than back then too.

I wasn't aware of it at the time because of the success we were having in the league but looking back MON was terrible with transfers especially long-term stability.

Worse case scenario for this guy - is that we have a useful squad player for £1.5m. 

I would like him to develop into a george boateng, style defensive midfielder - so he can help our defence.

Worse case scenario for this guy - is that we have a useful squad player for £1.5m.

I would like him to develop into a george boateng, style defensive midfielder - so he can help our defence.

Said the same thing earlier in the thread about him being a useful squad player at worst, £1.5m is nothing nowadays compared to what we've paid for players who turned out to be squad players in the past.

I've been impressed with his athleticism in all the games so far but what caught my eye on saturday was how he kept possession well in tight areas, a couple of times he used some really good footwork to get away from players which I wasn't sure he had in his locker. Looks like he is developing and getting more confident all the time

I know it was reported that it was £1.5 m but I'm sure there was a quote from lambert saying it was no where near that.. Either way has looked decent recently, hopefully will continue to improve

Yeah I thought it was 200k or thereabouts

Sylla does the stuff we need....fit, strong in the tackle, imposing guy....with great skill.  not to mention he is still so young!  Great prospect, he will start next season.

• Like 1

My only criticism of his performance against Chelsea was that on several occasions he thought he had a lot more time on the ball than he did have and he got himself into trouble. Like he was playing in a different gear to everyone else. It was maddening and could have been disastrous. If he can literally get 'up to speed' then I think we've a very fine player on our hands.

My only criticism of his performance against Chelsea was that on several occasions he thought he had a lot more time on the ball than he did have and he got himself into trouble. Like he was playing in a different gear to everyone else. It was maddening and could have been disastrous. If he can literally get 'up to speed' then I think we've a very fine player on our hands.

I do like how he gets out of those tight spots though, he's got good feet for sure, agree he needs to get used to the pace still but it does seem that its happening gradually game by game

• Like 1

Â