Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

^ blame Lerner. 

I'm furious we didn't go for Sissoko, but lets see how Sylla turns out first. 

Can we stop comparing him to Sissoko.

Sissoko is NOT a Defensive Midfielder.

Sylla IS ans he's been pretty good at it too during the last few months.

It doesn't make me any less furious at Lerner that we didn't go for Sissoko?

I was also saying to the above poster lets give Sylla a chance to show what he can do first before we judge him. 

How do you even know we didnt go for him? The lad was offered a 6.5 yr contract by Newcastle, imagine if he turned out to be another flop, this place would again label the contract as another mistake by the "clowns" in charge. And lets say we did match the the offer made, maybe just maybe Sissoko decided himself to go to Newcastle with the rest of France.

Just because we dont sign player x doesnt automatically mean we didnt go in for him.

• Like 1

^ blame Lerner. 

I'm furious we didn't go for Sissoko, but lets see how Sylla turns out first. 

Can we stop comparing him to Sissoko.

Sissoko is NOT a Defensive Midfielder.

Sylla IS ans he's been pretty good at it too during the last few months.

I was also saying to the above poster lets give Sylla a chance to show what he can do first before we judge him. 

By many accounts we did go for Sissoko. 

Nice idea, but it doesn't have enough syllables for that to work :)

Haha I was desperately searching the web to see if he had a middle name hoping it'd be Ba or Da or Ma or something but it wasn't to be but it made me laugh. I'm still going to try (And most probably fail) to introduce it in to peoples' minds :D

Edited by 8pints

I think he could be a good option

vs West Ham

Guzan

Lowton, Baker, Vlaar, Baker

Gabby Sylla, Westwood Zog

Benteke Bent

i see a bit of a flaw with that starting lineup

Me too. We need another Baker in there instead of Bent to provide more presence in the air.

Nice idea, but it doesn't have enough syllables for that to work :)

Haha I was desperately searching the web to see if he had a middle name hoping it'd be Ba or Da or Ma or something but it wasn't to be but it made me laugh. I'm still going to try (And most probably fail) to introduce it in to peoples' minds :D

Yacouba Ma Sylla is perfect!

Let's just pretend it's that :)

Sylla is going to be another Djemba Djemba. A completely useless signing and a total waste of money, ermm, just like Benteke.

Haven't been on in a while but i see the same rubbish is being posted.

I'm

Guessing Morpheus is saying that tongue in cheek, as he admitted that he was wrong about Benteke, so hoping by saying sylla is rubbish he'll be wrong on that as well.

I'm hoping Sylla will come good but it's a big ask to suddenly make a poor midfield a half-decent one when you've come from the second division of a different country. Seems a very risky move has been made to me

Sylla is going to be another Djemba Djemba. A completely useless signing and a total waste of money, ermm, just like Benteke.

Haven't been on in a while but i see the same rubbish is being posted.

I'm

Guessing Morpheus is saying that tongue in cheek, as he admitted that he was wrong about Benteke, so hoping by saying sylla is rubbish he'll be wrong on that as well.

Sorry just caught up with all messages haha, so apologies to Morpheus.

I'm hoping Sylla will come good but it's a big ask to suddenly make a poor midfield a half-decent one when you've come from the second division of a different country. Seems a very risky move has been made to me

I would tend to disagree here. It was a low cost transfer with one eye on the future. We don't need him to go straight into midfield with the current form of Delph, NZogbia and Westwood, so there isn't too much pressure on the lad.

Â