Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert is the man, but he needs to sort this mess out.

5-0-5 after Bradford scored, very poor. Don't for one minute believe this was what he was trying to do but he has to control this abysmal side and he's not doing it very well.

Agree. Lambert isn't doing particularly well, even considering the HUGE challenges he's up against. But seeing he has proven in the past to have at least SOME merit as a football manager, it would be crazy to replace him now with some desperate fool who claims he could get things turned around without buying any new players. Give me the man with his future career prospects now tied up with Aston Villa's. Give me the man nearly all of us wanted in the first place. Give me someone who has learned the trade under successful managers. (Or at least give me the next hapless victim and 30 million to spend before February :))

I put more blame on the players than the manager, its always the manager gets all the stick at times like this. wiemann and vlaar were the only ones who showed fighting spirit in the second half.

I remember ireland having a moan in the first half when vlaar didnt pass to him and he put his head down and starting sulking and walking really slowly while our attack progressed up the pitch beyond him. what a **** tosser, he is a good example of the rot thats been in this team for too long and until lambert is givin a chance to get rid of the likes of that gimp ill support him and the players that actually give a shit about the team not their own egos.

I put more blame on the players than the manager, its always the manager gets all the stick at times like this. wiemann and vlaar were the only ones who showed fighting spirit in the second half.

I remember ireland having a moan in the first half when vlaar didnt pass to him and he put his head down and starting sulking and walking really slowly while our attack progressed up the pitch beyond him. what a **** tosser, he is a good example of the rot thats been in this team for too long and until lambert is givin a chance to get rid of the likes of that gimp ill support him and the players that actually give a shit about the team not their own egos.

Ireland shouldn't have sulked but he was right. Vlaar should have passed to him.

As a team we need to be more patient, and our defenders have got to stop playing hoof ball, and let the midfielders do the creative stuff.

Edited by Con

I really don't think he has a clue. Before the 1st leg it was blatently obvious set peices were going to be key, yet we still let in 3 all from corners. Then again today, despite the warnings from the 1st leg, clearly nothing was done to change this. It's unforgivable and it's not just against these. It feels like we let in a goal from a set peice every week now.

When we had to chase the game he didn't know what to do. Bringing on 2 strikers and sticking all 4 of them on the same blade of grass doesn't work. Though both full backs were shocking today, does Lambert tell them they aren't allowed past the half way line or is that a choice of their own?

I doubt getting Vlaar to allow his marker a free header in the box was part of the game plan, either by Vlaar or Lambert. Vlaar wasn't fully fit, but there was no alternative but to play him (unless you prefer Chris Herd).

And bringing on all the strikers might sound crazy, but it would be a lot crazier if there had been a game-changer of a midfielder left on the bench, which there wasn't.

One of the worst managers ever to have had the priviledge of managing OUR club. While most leaving the ground seemingly could see that there are still some who think he deserves to remain. Saying lerner is the problem is making lerner and lambert an either or thing when the reality is they ar both next to useless i struggle to comprehend how people can defend the mumbling one now i really do

Vlaar seemed to be really pissed of at the end. A fan ran on and confronted him and Vlaar pushed him away and looked like he was about to beat the living day lights out of him.

Well at least he defended well eventually.

Sorry. I'm proper fuming. Not meant in anger at you.

Just seen terrible news

"Paul Lambert has insisted he will not resign as Aston Villa manager despite being dumped out of the Capital One Cup by Bradford City."

He just doesn't want to forego any money owed for getting sacked, which has to happen now after tonight.

He decided to spend the money he had in the summer on the players we have now. Players the manager, I would believe were better than the ones we had or he wouldn't have purchased them. Sadly, the players, tactics and managerial skills are worse than last season.

No matter how much money he had or didn't have Lambert is responsible for that.

Vlaar seemed to be really pissed of at the end. A fan ran on and confronted him and Vlaar pushed him away and looked like he was about to beat the living day lights out of him.

What did you expect him to do shake his hand?

I'd be angry if i defended like a pissed up pub player

At least Curtis Davies had the balls to admit it

One of the worst managers ever to have had the priviledge of managing OUR club. While most leaving the ground seemingly could see that there are still some who think he deserves to remain. Saying lerner is the problem is making lerner and lambert an either or thing when the reality is they ar both next to useless i struggle to comprehend how people can defend the mumbling one now i really do

I don't see what people can say to defend him. There is nothing at all.

I mean his signings aren't even something to be defended anymore.

Apart from benteke the rest have done nothing to improve us and infact his 3 defenders have contributed to us becoming the worst defensive team in the league.

The only thing is blind faith that everything will be ok.

Lerner is not blameless. However, he doesn't pick the team, scout for targets, coach the players or work out tactics.

A good manager has a plan but gets the very best out of the current squad at his disposal. I don't see the latter, which puts the former in doubt.

quite a few who called in on the radio were still backing him which i found surprising. their main point seemed to be that lambert hadnt been backed with enough money.

i think that goes out the window when you lose to a team 60 places below you and assembled for £7,500. and to fail to beat them when you have two legs to do it!

He'll go after the Newcastle game. Dead man walking now, there is now way back for him really. He'll have to carry this humiliation for the rest of his managerial career, and rightly so.

Worst Villa manager since McNeill.

Shame Vlaar didn't show a little more fight defending their corner or we might be talking about a trip to Wembley.

yeah fair enough he got done for the goal but at least he gives a shit and was bollocking any players that needed it tonight, we need more characters like him in the team.

Ireland shouldn't have sulked but he was right. Vlaar should have passed to him.

As a team we need to be more patient, and our defenders have got to stop playing hoof ball, and let the midfielders do the creative stuff.

no he wasnt right he should of shut up and got on with the game, vlaar played a different pass and we kept the ball fine. in the first half we were as patient as ive seen in a long time

Edited by Bunnski