Daniel Crowley

sir_gary_cahill

Sad if true as it's never nice to lose a youth player who seems highly rated (whether they turn out crap or good) but I guess the prospect of more £££ and of course London plays a big part.

It's a funny move though, whilst Arsenal use youth too would he not be better off staying here?

• Like 1

Ah bugger. From memory Bully has quite a good record on these things. That would be disappointing. 

The trade in very young players has always seemed a little dodgy to me - although doubtless we've nicked him from somewhere in the first place.

The new academy rules will see these sort of moves happening more regularly, particularly clubs who are not category 1 (we are). Chelsea have already done something with a kid from Charlton, paying peanuts for him.

We might have lost this one but we'll snaffle some young lad from another club.

Was told a few weeks ago that his dad had no intention of ever letting him signing a contract at Villa by somebody who knows the family. Any sensible parent would choose a club who was most likely to give him first team opportunities. He may be excellent now but you can never predict how youth develop and he needs to be nurtured. 

Any chance of describing his style and abilities rather than just quoting stats at us?

He plays in the style of Gerrard I'd say, wonderful passer short and long, got a good shot on him, he's quite quick and although he's quite small for his age he won't shirk the physical side of the game, I think we should push him on to the first team in the next year or 2

as soon as I read "small for his age" I lost interest.

We have a plethora of these types..... we need a bit of Power.

Many players have been compared with Steven Gerrard, even our own Gary Gardner.

I don't see most of the comparisons because Gerrards game is all about power, domination as well as passing and shooting ability and driving forward.

In most cases i see one or two attributes, which leaves me usually baffled by the comparison.

when we get a decent comparable player to steven gerrard we will soon know about it.

PS it will probably have the same media attention that Benteke is getting now.

Edited by TRO

That's a shame.

He looked a real talent in those England games.

Seems a very strange decision. Surely if you're developing as a player and doing well you'd stay there and worry about money and status once you're actually at first team level.

Maybe shows where this kids head is at and might be for the best.

**** him.

Comparison with Gerrard suggests a lack of imagination. Gary Gardner - Gerrard comparison I can understand, but a player who will probably be no more than 5'7, who dribbles quite a bit? Nothing like Gerrard.

Crowley has been called by others "the next Jack Wilshere" - who happens to be at Arsenal. 

Was told a few weeks ago that his dad had no intention of ever letting him signing a contract at Villa by somebody who knows the family. Any sensible parent would choose a club who was most likely to give him first team opportunities. He may be excellent now but you can never predict how youth develop and he needs to be nurtured. 

Surely he is more likely to get a first team opportunity at Villa than Arsenal? Did you mean to write "Arsenal" not "Villa"?

Surely he is more likely to get a first team opportunity at Villa than Arsenal? 

That's what he's saying. He's questioning the sensibilities of the parents

It's possible the parents don't like what's happened to Barry Bannan with some of the fans on this forum. Crowley won't be much taller and like Bannan plays in midfield. They could think the fans won't support any midfielder from the academy below a minimum height threshold, which will make it tough for the manager to give him opportunities. Arsenal fans are used to giving talented shorter players game time.

Edited by Con

It's possible the parents don't like what's happened to Barry Bannan with some of the fans on this forum. Crowley won't be much taller and like Bannan plays in midfield. They could think the fans won't support any midfielder from the academy below a minimum height threshold, which will make it tough for the manager to give him opportunities. Arsenal fans are used to giving talented shorter players game time.

LOL you're an idiot.

Â