Daniel Crowley

sir_gary_cahill

I think he's got the talent to get first team opportunities Arsenal but he'll have to take them with both hand's. By the time he get's to the first team,Wenger might be gone and they could but spending bigger sum's of money to get trophy's. If he'd stayed at Villa there's almost no doubt ( barring injuries ) of first team football probably within the next 2 year's.

He has made his decision and we move on whether his decision was the right one for him is one he will have to live with one way or the other. My guess is that money and being able to say he is an "Arsenal player" played a larger part in his decision than did the increased prospect of playing first team football with us sooner rather than later (if at all) with his new club. He has burnt his bridges with us and my focus is on the players that remain with us and want to wear our shirt.        

• 8 months later...

The system that he could leave for £200k is a joke. But you can hardly blame him for doing what he felt is best.

Yup, it's ridiculous that this kid is considered "the next Wilshere" who would probably rake in upwards of £30m, yet we get so little. EPPP working at it's finest to keep costs down for the big clubs.

And considering he's had a personal meeting with Hodgson, I'd say his move has gotten him closer to international football than any of our English first teamers.

(Shouldn't this be in other football anyway?)

Don't give a shit how he performs or rots at arsenal.

Little shit left here for dosh.

**** off you little runt.

Or, you know, he left to win things by playing at one of the best teams in the country

I understand EPPPs logic, but category 1s shouldn't be able to steal from other category 1s

Aye precisely, but it's hard to differentiate between genuine problems which cause families to move and moving to get to a 'better' club. In his case it seems obvious that he has moved to get to a more prestigious club  and we seem ill-compensated fir that but I imagine it is hard to create legislation which fits the majority of events and implements a truly fair system.

It's funny how people can be so smug when we pinch Steer from Norwich and pay very little compensation then throw a strop when Arsenal do it to us.

Don't you show up round these parts slinging your logic about.  You're not welcome!

I find it funny that people would compare the signing of a 20 year old to that of a (then-)15 year old for the purposes of ostensibly sneering at fellow fans. They are legally quite different situations.

London

Bigger club

More chance of success

More money

Didn't particularly get on with Tony McAndrew

Nice lad too, not at all a runt, though he is little.

I'm of a generation that can never accept the likes of Arsenal being a bigger club than Aston Villa. Fair play to them for being well run, cashing in on the London economy/Champs League and totally re-inventing themselves these past fifteen-twenty years BUT bigger than Villa?  Never!!  We'll be back.

• Like 1

Â