Daniel Crowley

sir_gary_cahill

London

Bigger club

More chance of success

More money

Didn't particularly get on with Tony McAndrew

Nice lad too, not at all a runt, though he is little.

I'm of a generation that can never accept the likes of Arsenal being a bigger club than Aston Villa. Fair play to them for being well run, cashing in on the London economy/Champs League and totally re-inventing themselves these past fifteen-twenty years BUT bigger than Villa?  Never!!  We'll be back.

Sorry mate, Arsenal are a much bigger club than Villa and have been for a long time.

London

Bigger club

More chance of success

More money

I'm of a generation that can never accept the likes of Arsenal being a bigger club than Aston Villa. Fair play to them for being well run, cashing in on the London economy/Champs League and totally re-inventing themselves these past fifteen-twenty years BUT bigger than Villa?  Never!!  We'll be back.

Sorry mate, Arsenal are a much bigger club than Villa and have been for a long time.

Aston%2BVilla%2BEuropean%2BCup%2B1982.jp

• Like 3

London

Bigger club

More chance of success

More money

I think you missed his point they've been bigger since Graham and they unlike us got it right at the time of the premiership and champions league. Up until then they wants and hopefully we can get back up there and over hall them one day!! Crowley though is special only his physique will hold him back IMO very slight at the minute and there's been lots of quality kids not make it.

London

Bigger club

More chance of success

More money

I think you missed his point they've been bigger since Graham and they unlike us got it right at the time of the premiership and champions league. Up until then they wants and hopefully we can get back up there and over hall them one day!! Crowley though is special only his physique will hold him back IMO very slight at the minute and there's been lots of quality kids not make it.

I'd love to see us get back to a stage where we can talk about being as big as Arsenal but we're not even close at this point. As to Gentleman above, the European Cup is obviously the jewel in our crown and something which I frequently use to laud over my Arsenal mates, but it's not the end of the argument. It's not just a recent thing, over the last 100 years Arsenal have won an awful lot more than we have. 

Anyway, let's not derail the thread. It's a shame we've lost out on Crowley but if we continue to invest in the academy and give players their chance in the first team then we stand to benefit from this system as well as occasionally losing a few.

If you're referring to me then no.

I do not appreciate school kids questioning refereeing decisions at every given opportunity, chastising team mates who are 2 or 3 years older etc, etc.

If my son did that, he'd be on the touchline faster than you could say SGC & I wouldn't wait for the team manager/coach to do it. That's not the kind of kid I want to see coming through our ranks & Arsenal are welcome to him.

He seems to me to be too big for his boots. When he's got a few medals under his belt, maybe I'll change my point of view but as it stands, good riddance to him.

London

Bigger club

More chance of success

More money

For some reason I thought I was in the Bannan thread and I was going berserk.

Can we not praise a great football talent who has come through our academy? He looks absolutely brilliant to me and I don't think it'll be long before he's in the arsenal first team

That's that then. He'll be playing for Nuneaton Town in 3 years time.

Without wanting to get into yet another Lambert debate Andy, Wenger is hardly an advocate of English football or English  footballers.

I see no harm in loaning young lads with potential out to lower league clubs for a short while. Its happened to a lot better players than Daniel Crowley.

Lambert is regularly starting with Clark, Baker & Weiman so it would be wrong to state that the route to the 1st team is blocked. In addition, getting into the 1st team at Villa, let alone Arsenal is quite a way off for a 16 year old. I wonder how many of Wengers players over the past 15 years or so were actually at Arsenal when aged 15/16?

Gnabry, Zelalem and even Walcott, Wilshere and The Ox were the players I was talking about. Lambert hasn't looked like taking a chance on any of the teenagers at Villa.

Wenger may not be a great advocate of English players but he has proven that he will give opportunities to players who play his way, particularly in the cups.

Gnabry, Zelalem and even Walcott, Wilshere and The Ox were the players I was talking about. Lambert hasn't looked like taking a chance on any of the teenagers at Villa.

Wenger may not be a great advocate of English players but he has proven that he will give opportunities to players who play his way, particularly in the cups.

...very much this. Not so very long ago, we had a team of kids that won Europe's premier youth tournament. How many have kicked a first team ball.....meanwhile, we trawl Europe for cheap squad fillers of limited ability just to fill our bench. Ridiculous.

You're talking about players who were leaps & bounds everything around them when they played for their club side (Southampton) & 1 player (Wilshere) who came through the ranks and has made it (after going out on loan to Bolton)

I personally wouldn't take a chance on any teenagers at Villa either. That's not to say that I don't rate them, just that I don't think they're ready yet. I would like to see Carruthers get involved at some point though. Grealish for example hardly got involved at Preston on Saturday & he seems to be the pick of the crop at present. I would expect him to be making more of an impact at places like Preston before throwing him into a Villa side who according to many on here are still involved in a relegation battle. 

Â