Daniel Crowley

sir_gary_cahill

Any chance of describing his style and abilities rather than just quoting stats at us?

He plays in the style of Gerrard I'd say, wonderful passer short and long, got a good shot on him, he's quite quick and although he's quite small for his age he won't shirk the physical side of the game, I think we should push him on to the first team in the next year or 2

He's a tricky little customer with unbelievable ability on the ball. Very agilie and twists and turns his way out of all kinds of situations, often coming away with the ball. Another one of our prospects who is tiny, so that is against him but he is still a kid.

I think that the Gerrard comparisons aren't necessarily correct, I think he is more similar in style and stature to a Jack Wilshere but of course that is a huge player to compare him to. There is a serious buzz about him around the England camps, he is playing above himself and it is nothing to do with his physique, which is unusual. Definitely got a good chance but there is so much that go wrong between now and the first team, let alone establishing himself, but he is regarded as one of the best players in the country for his age.

Oh Dear God. I'm not sure I could cope with two Bannan's in the same team.

Edited by VillaLi0n

I trust he will see this is the club where he can make a mark and have the opportunity to do so. Surely at this early stage this still has to be the primary concern for a young player???

To be honest, he does come across as a decent young man, perhaps that will change when people start throwing money at him.

Regarding the comparison to Bannan, he's far more direct when he has the ball, so you won't see the turn back that Barry is so fond of, Crowley will get the ball into his feet and pick a pass or go on a weaving run followed by some kind of end product. As I've said in the past, there is so much that can go wrong between ages 14 or 15 and the first team, you only have to look at the terrible injuries that have befallen Gary Gardner to see that nothing is guaranteed, but If you look at the fact that Daniel Crowley, 5ft nothing is one of the top players in the England U17 side that should tell you what you need to know in terms of how highly he is thought of by the people that matter.

Shit from the ref seeing as he wasn't even looking, petulant from the young lad but I think he is a little bit unlucky considering that he was retaliating and didn't really do a great deal. You have to know better than that and like a lot of the former pros are saying, don't give the ref an opportunity to send you off because with the standard of officiating the way it is, you never know what will happen.

• 1 month later...

He won't leave, he's a villa boy through and through

He's off to Arsenal. They have offered him ridiculous money for a 15yo and he's signing a deal in the next few weeks. It's not all about money as Man City tried to hijack the deal and offered double what Arsenal have but he had already made his mind up to go to Arsenal.

Â