Failed assassination attempt in Bulgaria today.

The_Rev

hd5hTZ0.png

Worth it's own thread? I think so, even if it doesnt get a lot of replies. The video is mental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4BUac_yVhU&feature=youtu.be

SOFIA, Bulgaria (AP) — Bulgarian police detained a man after he pointed a gas pistol at an ethnic Turkish party leader as he was delivering a speech at a party caucus in the capital Saturday. No shots were fired.

The video from the Saturday event in Sofia shows the man climbing the podium where Ahmed Dogan, the leader of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms, was speaking, and pointing the gun to his face.

Dogan struck the man before he could pull the trigger, while other delegates wrestled the assailant to the ground. TV footage showed several people punching, kicking and stomping on the man when he was on the ground.

The assailant gets a bit of a shoeing from a load of fifty year olds at the end. One of them really wants to kick his head off, another decides to whack him over the head with a briefcase. :D

Not exactly Jason Bourne, was he?

Disgusting scenes. Potential killer or not, having a gang kick someones head in is disgraceful.

He was basically 'assaulted' by the cast from Last of the Summer Wine. Under the circumstances he appeared to get off very lightly indeed.

I've just watched it again, and I think because I was so busy laughing at briefcase man I missed the really really old guy come in at the end (link) and wail on the assailant with and umbrella. :crylaugh:

Â