Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

The Guardian, which often gets these things right, has

------------------Guzan--------------------

----------Baker----------------Clark---------

Lowton------------Vlaar (poss)----------Bennett

Delph-----Westwood (poss)----Bannan

-------Benteke-------------Agbonlahor-----------

Think I might go for Weimann given he has scored 6 in his last 7 games!

What a srange season Southampton have had: 4 points from their first 10 games (3 courtesy of you know who) and 14 from the next 10. They are on a bit of a roll and it will be a fine ahievement if we win this. Even with Vlaar and Westwood back we look quite weak.

I am not thinking of anything but a Villa win at the moment - it's too depressing to contemplate anything else. Just have to cross my fingers and hope those people assuring us it will all come good under Lambert are right.

That team will lose. Still has a piss poor powder puff midget midfield, a right back that cant really defend and a left back that cant really play football and who is about 5st and 5ft tall.

It also contains Gabby who has been shit since the carling cup final. Im not sure what to make of Benteke either, one week he looks like Drogba the next week he looks like Heskey, hopefully he finds form again.

**** it, play a front 3 of Benteke, Bowery and Weimann and just have Bannan lump it up to them, the two big fellas should win enough in the air against a weakened Southampton defence and Weimann has the movement and positional sence to be in the right place to get on the end of the knock downs.

THIS

I do not want Villa to become a Stoke but if it means winning when we are where we are then JFDI !

Benteke is top draw at winning knock ons for others to feed off so lump it up to him and get everybody crashing in behind him ...... we'd score 4 or 5 no problem !!!

id be tempted to play 5 in midfield

give that shit naive defence as much protection as possible

------------------------Guzan------------------------

Lowton--------Vlaar---------Baker----------Clark

-------------------------Herd---------------------------

Gabby-------Westy----------Ireland------Zogs

-----------------------Tekkers------------------------

Edited by sonic_bouma