Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

chappy

Dont think it really matters when they started doing it. If our fans chant 'no respect m'lord' at any fans that dont join in, then one would hope all of our fans will join in with theirs

The fire was a tragedy don't get me wrong, but I don't recall them doing it previously

I’d play Bent & N’Zog upfront tonight ala Ipswich. Give Gabby half a game with Holman for match fitness but then leave him Benteke and Weimann fresh for Saturday.

As important as this game is, I would take a draw or a 1 goal deficit back to Villa park if it meant 3 pts against Southampton. Plus its Bradford FFS, a forward pair totalling aprox £30 million should be good enough!!

It's going to feel weird for me driving home this evening. I go past VP (that's Valley Parade, not Villa Park, BTW), and I expect the area to be full of claret and blue-clad Brummies.

This is a hard one to predict. I don't expect a big win but then again we beat City 4-2 away and Norwich 4-1 away so there's no reason why we can't win by a similar scoreline tonight.

Would be happy with a 1-0 win though.

aston-villa-away-kit-20091.jpg

Got my blue 3rd kit from 08-09 season ready. Wore it against Blackburn in the semi final. Hope it brings us some luck

Edited by Daniel

Just got my tickets at the Bradford office, sat in party of 50 Bradford fans.

Pray for Petrov T shirt under my coat.

Doing the 'Bradford 11' knowledge on their website.

Villa back room staff are there, spotted claret and blue kits being taken off a van.

UTV

Just a heads up for everyone going tomorrow, Bradford fans do a minutes applause in the 56th minute to remember those who died in the terrible fire at Valley Parade.

Post from their forums about the 19th and 56th minute applause.

Corny, unnecessary and not the Bradford Way!

Thanks but no thanks AVFC!

And is Petrov dead ?!

Disrespectful bastards.

Edited by Daniel

Really not impressed with the arrogance of villa fans, mainly on twitter but not limited to there. We arent at Wembley yet, we have 2 games to go, with questionable form we could come unstuck but people already asking about season ticket holders that cant go to Wembley. The best laid plans.

Well judging by the Bradford forums clapping on the 56th minute is something they have never done, and they don't really intend on doing. They have their own day to pay their respects to the 56, it's just not done by clapping. They advise Villa fans to pay their respects to the 56 by visiting the memorial at the back of the main stand rather than clapping. Seems fair enough.

Edited by PieFacE