Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

chappy

The sort of big game I've been waiting for since the Carling Cup Final and Man City away under O'Neill.

I hope I'm wrong but I think Lambert may revert to the back 3 system for this to keep it tight and hit them on the break.

I strongly suspect the line-up will be something like...

keeper.png
Given

home.png
Herd
home.png
Clark
home.png
Baker

home.png
Lowton
home.png
Holman
home.png
Delph
home.png
Bannan
home.png
Bennett

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Benteke

If that team held strong in the first half I'd expect us to have too much for them as the game went on. Think it could lose nerve and struggle badly to get back into it if we conceded an early goal though. Think it will turn out to be a very very tough night for us. 1-1 draw.

(I'd like the team to be 442: Guzan, Lowton, Clark, Baker, Bennett, N'Zogbia, Delph, Bannan, Holman, Weimann, Benteke)

Biggest game Bradford will have had for a time, they'll be fired up. As long as we give them due respect for having made it so far, I think we'll do ok. I'd like to see us stifle them with possession and generally spoil their party and if its goalless at half time, I take us to hit them with a couple of late strikes. It does'nt need to be a classic, we just have to get the job done.

I expect Bradford to try to have something to cling on to in the 2nd leg at Villa Park and therefore go for it as best as they can at Valley Parade.

However, I expect Villa to put this game to bed in the 1st leg and make the 2nd leg a formality.

At the end of the day there are 3 divisions separating us and Bradford and therefore there is no excuse at all for us not winning both ties and progressing to the Final.

keeper.png
Guzan

home.png
Lowton
home.png
Clark
home.png
Baker
home.png
Bennett

home.png
Bannan
home.png
Westwood

home.png
Weimann
home.png
N'Zogbia
home.png
Gabby

home.png
Benteke

Is how i'd go.

It's anyones guess what we will see though. Would love to see Gabby back in the side and N'Zogbia deserves that run in behind Benteke. A Last chance so to speak.

That's the team I would put out too!

Whatever happens, Lambert will field his strongest team I feel for this one.

If we can win this 2/3 nil, we can afford to rest a couple of players for the return leg if we're confident enough to do so.

We have to go there and treat this as a massive game..because it is.

I'd possibly rest Benteke and keep Bent in the team for this one but thats about it. We need a result up there.

Just don't **** lose, that's all I'm asking for!!! Don't want to be going up to Bradford to see us get beat and have it all to do at Villa Park in the 2nd leg because if Bradford win the first leg they will come to Villa Park and defend for their lives, we'll struggle to break them down and we'll have yet more embarrassment on our hands!