Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

chappy

So what we need is a weak team to play away against a side that dumped out Arsenal in the last round?

Eh I don't think we can chance this one, we need at least a draw, and a cup final would be nice.

Not necessarily a weak side, just not that strong. Also, they drew 1-1 with Arsenal in normal time.

Believe me, I'd love to thrash them and put this tie to bed in the first leg but the Southampton game is so important.

I wouldn't worry about the Southampton game. These sorts of games are what it's all about, still have very fond memories of beating Arsenal in 96, Tranmere in 94 and the second leg against Blackburn a few years back. Great memories. Tiredness isn't an issue for me. We need confidence and games. Victories do that.

Edited by nobler

I wouldn't worry about the Southampton game. These sorts of games are what it's all about, still have very fond memories of beating Arsenal in 96, Tranmere in 94 and the second leg against Blackburn a few years back. Great memories. Tiredness isn't an issue for me. We need confidence and games. Victories do that.

Fair point. Beating Norwich 4-1 did wonders for us for the Liverpool game.