U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, Straggler said:

Yep, set for a 4pm hearing

Jail time but no coop with .gov from Cohen per reporting at NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/21/nyregion/michael-cohen-plea-deal-trump.html

Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s combative former lawyer and fixer, reached a plea agreement on Tuesday with prosecutors investigating payments he made to women on behalf of Mr. Trump — a deal that does not include cooperation with federal authorities, two people familiar with the matter said.

Cohen pleads guilty to violating campaign law at the direction of an 'unnamed candidate'. I just wonder which candidate he is talking about :) 

His plea deal includes up to 5 years of jail time apparently.  Doesn't sound like a great deal.

Edited by LondonLax

30 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

He'll flip eventually and 2 of the crimes involve Trump directly . The campaign finance one is what should be worrying Trumpers the most.

Manafort is looking at 240 years for his crimes .

Manafort guilty on 8 charges. A mistrial declared in the other 10. The other 10 to be retried

I might actually pay attention to Trumps meltdown later. Cohen straight up admits the campaign finance violation was done on behalf of Trump.

I'm not sure 'he's lying' washes, and nothing else that comes to mind takes out the sting.

• Like 1

The GOP - party of integrity.  Trying to push through this Supreme Court nominee before September by a President implicated in federal crimes.

Turtle head McConnell will go down as one of the most scummy Senators in modern history. He more, than anyone else has helped to shape the SC for decades.

• Like 1

Fake nooz. Few bad apples. Let me tell you, Trump knew nothing about these guys... He never even met them. Maybe they worked for him. Maybe. He has a lot of staff. Yuge staff, you know it. Who even were these people? Some interns, probably. 

When are the FBI going to do something about Hillary's emails?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â