U.S. Politics

maqroll

25 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Who has said that it isn't?

It may even happen one day if they put an American back in the chair. I'm not sure Surrender Fest 18 qualifies as 2 different global powers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

What the **** are you on about? Genuinely.

You're going down the same line that those two fellas in the video did which is a load of old cock and relying upon throwing in 'realpolitik' to give whatever has happened or may happen some bogus legitimacy.

You may well be. You haven't done anything which might demonstrate that yet.

Technical "jargon" is used in these fields as it allows entire ideas to be conveyed in a succinct format. I find it much preferable to people droning on and on about the obvious and it appears most "technical" communities agree, e.g., dhutwu, word removed etc.

Here is some reading you may find helpful.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin, the argument goes, annexed Crimea out of a long-standing desire to resuscitate the Soviet empire, and he may eventually go after the rest of Ukraine, as well as other countries in eastern Europe."

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/russia-fsu/2014-08-18/why-ukraine-crisis-west-s-fault

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Errr... my opinion was requested. I do apologize for having one ?

Again, what the holy **** are you on about?

You know the context in which you posted that comment. You can even go back and read the entire post that you made and refresh yourself with the context in which it was made.

Again, nice strawman.

11 hours ago, villakram said:

Technical "jargon"

Good luck with whatever future discussions you have on VT or elsewhere.

I shan't be engaging with this kind of puerile nonsense. Your posts are not worth the energy you expend let alone that which has to be expended in response. :(

Edit:

11 hours ago, villakram said:

Here is some reading you may find helpful.

Ignoring the way in which you've couched the terms introducing the piece, I'll happily read it. And what I will do is assess my opinion of it from what is said (in the context of the knowledge I have and prejudice that I already hold - as we all always do). I note that it's from one of the chaps from the VICE news video that you originally linked to. I guess there's a theme but I'll wait and see.

Before I go, I'll just point out that you've utterly failed to acknowledge or respond to a great deal of what I said in response to your posts, including the criticisms of the assumptions that you made. That you haven't addressed these things 'speaks volumes'.

Edited by snowychap
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, villakram said:

This clown just resigned. Top stuff Mr. Cohen.

Just in case anyone was feeling sorry for this a-hole:

'Some called for Spencer's resignation last year after he warned former state Rep. LaDawn Jones, a black woman, that she would not be "met with torches but something a lot more definitive" if she continued to call for the removal of Confederate statues in south Georgia, and suggested that someone who didn't understand this "will go missing in the Okefenokee" swamp.'

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/25/entertainment/jason-spencer-who-is-america-resigns/index.html

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snowychap said:

what I will do is assess my opinion of it from what is said (in the context of the knowledge I have and prejudice that I already hold - as we all always do).

In the middle of your tit for tat there that's a great and rather succinct way of putting what everyone should be doing in regards to the splintering of news outlets and age of misinformation we seem to be heading into imo.

Well said.

The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend but sometimes a useful tool.

People are overlooking the Silk Road when it comes to the friendliness between Russia and the US imo. One way of keeping China hemmed in economically, militarily and all sorts :thumb:

Pipelines is only part of it.

Russia is a major player in the BRICS organisation thing but how long will they be able to sustain their growth?

We are all watching the world get carved up into areas of influence.

The only thing that's for sure is that none of it is in any way to help the people. It's about power and profit and that's what Trump believes in wholeheartedly.

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend but sometimes a useful tool.

People are overlooking the Silk Road when it comes to the friendliness between Russia and the US imo. One way of keeping China hemmed in economically, militarily and all sorts :thumb:

Pipelines is only part of it.

Russia is a major player in the BRICS organisation thing but how long will they be able to sustain their growth?

We are all watching the world get carved up into areas of influence.

The only thing that's for sure is that none of it is in any way to help the people. It's about power and profit and that's what Trump believes in wholeheartedly.

Don't forget that India and Pakistan signed up to the SCO too. Whatever about the US/Russia games, the Russia/India/China strategy game is fun too. The US strategic position (when viewed from controlling the world) is weakening by the day.

51 minutes ago, villakram said:

The US strategic position (when viewed from controlling the world) is weakening by the day.

Yes it is. If you look at that not in terms of whether that’s good or bad, but in terms of is it self induced/inflicted then in pretty much is, and they’re accelerating the decline by their actions

• Like 1

Just breaking that Cohen has stated that Trump knew of the "Trump Tower Meeting" with the Russians under the pretext of receiving damaging intelligence on Hillary Clinton.

This should accelerate the process.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Just breaking that Cohen has stated that Trump knew of the "Trump Tower Meeting" with the Russians under the pretext of receiving damaging intelligence on Hillary Clinton.

This should accelerate the process.

They have been trolling him really heavily lately.

I think they have more than enough now and he's utterly screwed.

The GOP is going to be crucified along with him.

On 27/07/2018 at 12:10, bickster said:

Probably filled the quota early this year

I think they found a unique way of dealing with the problem and tbf it is credit to Trump. They took all the sociopaths, the deranged wannabe killers, the heartless scum with no empathy and gave them jobs with ICE. They are all too busy kidnapping kids for the government and bullying the innocent with no repercussions to be bothered to turn up to the school all tooled up. It must be quite cathartic for them.

Â