U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 10/08/2018 at 10:32, Xann said:

The Orange One is slapping tariffs on Turkey.

Turkey's teetering on the edge, its currency floundering as I type.

Erdogan currently standing with his fingers jammed in his ears singing... lalalalalalalala. Tonight is gonna be fun.

I liked the comment under it that asked "Do you ever refer to women as women?"

This is the one off the apprentice that wrote a book about him calling him a racist n that.......wonder when it's out......Oh what a surprise it's today....

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Manafort's defense rests w/o presenting any defense.  

Oh, the fall out from this case will be so fun, paging Marc Rich or a pink slip for Mr. Mueller?

Not sure either will be the outcome tbh

Not sure Trump will get to the stage where he's able to pardon and I don't think Mueller will be unemployed as a result of a failure in this particular trial. This trial is pretty much nailed on, Manafort must have instructed his lawyers not to present a defence, its possible he's taking one for the team and that would be Team Putin, not Team Trump. Even if he fails in this trial (which is unlikely), he still has a number of people already pleading guilty. This trial is a mere amuse bouche to the main event and if Trump sacks Mueller, its yet more evidence of obstruction of justice

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not sure either will be the outcome tbh

Not sure Trump will get to the stage where he's able to pardon and I don't think Mueller will be unemployed as a result of a failure in this particular trial. This trial is pretty much nailed on, Manafort must have instructed his lawyers not to present a defence, its possible he's taking one for the team and that would be Team Putin, not Team Trump. Even if he fails in this trial (which is unlikely), he still has a number of people already pleading guilty. This trial is a mere amuse bouche to the main event and if Trump sacks Mueller, its yet more evidence of obstruction of justice

It probably should be, but it's a jury trial that hangs mostly on the evidence of one person, so it's an I'll bet your house on it kind of thing. At all times, remember OJ! If guilty, appeal etc., and drag this out towards the end of this presidential term. Election will be done so either way Trump gets a free pass. 

More evidence. There are lots of allegations and leaks of this and that, but I am not aware of anything approaching evidence of that crime. Obstructing an investigation of the none existent crime of collusion is a little on the humorous side too.

1 minute ago, villakram said:

It probably should be, but it's a jury trial that hangs mostly on the evidence of one person, so it's an I'll bet your house on it kind of thing. At all times, remember OJ! If guilty, appeal etc., and drag this out towards the end of this presidential term. Election will be done so either way Trump gets a free pass. 

More evidence. There are lots of allegations and leaks of this and that, but I am not aware of anything approaching evidence of that crime. Obstructing an investigation of the none existent crime of collusion is a little on the humorous side too.

There are bags of evidence, not leaks, evidence in the public domain, Trump admits writing the adoption excuse, other staffers and ex-staffers have corroborated it and we also know that this wasn't the purpose of the meeting, this is all public domain stuff from the participants or the inner circle and Mueller will have far more than the public domain stuff. That's just one example of many. Trump's many lies will catch up with him

But you want my actual prediction right now of Trump's demise? He'll be forced out with ill health and subsequently be declared unfit for trial. Don junior had better start practising his soap lifting technique

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I liked the comment under it that asked "Do you ever refer to women as women?"

This is the one off the apprentice that wrote a book about him calling him a racist n that.......wonder when it's out......Oh what a surprise it's today....

Omerosa was batshit on all of her apprentice seasons. Nasty woman 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

There are bags of evidence, not leaks, evidence in the public domain, Trump admits writing the adoption excuse, other staffers and ex-staffers have corroborated it and we also know that this wasn't the purpose of the meeting, this is all public domain stuff from the participants or the inner circle and Mueller will have far more than the public domain stuff. That's just one example of many. Trump's many lies will catch up with him

But you want my actual prediction right now of Trump's demise? He'll be forced out with ill health and subsequently be declared unfit for trial. Don junior had better start practising his soap lifting technique

Biden and Sanders are two of the best D hopefuls... tyranny of the elderly!  

11 hours ago, bickster said:

I think the left field choice of Avenatti would be hilarious, playing Trump at his own game.

I'm interested by Avenatti.  It has been refreshing to see someone (anyone) stand up to the Republican bully boy style and then give it back to them ten times over.  The Democrats do seem to be fearful of fighting back as a party, the lack of backbone there has been one of the most disheartening things about the last 2 years.  So yes Avenatti has been great to watch come out swinging and not just blindly, but from a position of knowledge and with the facts backing him up which helps give him strength.  He even has a very progressive list of policies, which I posted on his tweet here which is also refreshing.

My problem with him is that whilst his light is burning brightly at the moment I have no idea if this is sustainable for him, if these are new positions or life long held beliefs, I just don't know enough about him now to get fully behind him, especially when there are a couple of life long progressives with massive experience and name recognition who could do as well if not better than Avenatti. (yes I'm talking about Bernie).  High profile and exciting is not the same as a good candidate. 

I also love that he has been calling out the main right wing mouth pieces and not a single one of them will get in a room with him.  Fox are running scared and it is wonderful to watch as they all know he will come on prepared to call them out on their hypocrisies, he will be able to quote them, he will be able to say when they said what they said and he will pick them to pieces.  Whilst I'm not sure Avenatti is the man to run for President I would pay good money to see him debate Trump.  I'd prefer to see him put Trump on trial though.

Edited by Straggler
gramer and speling
  • Like 1

Build up to the mid-term elections continues and what was once a slam dunk blue wave is now much less so... though an overall D house win should still be expected. The Dems really need to up their game as the Repub voters are motivated. The two Dems with ugly looking ethical backgrounds winning won't help their holier-than-thou anti-Trump angle.

"At least in Republican primary politics, Tuesday once again proved he’s the king."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/08/15/winners-losers-tuesdays-primaries-once-again-trump-is-big-winner/?utm_term=.5b4963111ede

The Jury in the Manafort case are asking what to do if they cannot reach a consensus on just one of the 18 charges against him.  I'll wager that it means they have already found him guilty on 17 of the charges.  This on the same day as news hits that Cohen is looking to plea bargain as early as today!

Â