U.S. Politics

maqroll

Keith Olbermann praised the George Bush (the moron one) presidency the other day...

Revisionist piece of shit!

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/358674-olbermann-i-probably-owe-george-w-bush-an-apology

"In retrospect, based on what we’ve seen over the last two years in this country, I owe him an apology,” Olbermann said, “I probably owe George W. Bush an apology, and I would happily take a third term of George W. Bush rather than this. That’s how serious I think this is."

Edited by villakram

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Keith Olbermann praised the George Bush (the moron one) presidency the other day...

Revisionist piece of shit!

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/358674-olbermann-i-probably-owe-george-w-bush-an-apology

"In retrospect, based on what we’ve seen over the last two years in this country, I owe him an apology,” Olbermann said, “I probably owe George W. Bush an apology, and I would happily take a third term of George W. Bush rather than this. That’s how serious I think this is."

Did we read different things? He said effectively its so shit he would take Bush. Its hardly revisionist. 

• Like 3

One of the residual problems of Trump is that ethically challenged public figures everywhere are using and will use Trump as a legacy cleanser. See: Michael Hayden, GW Bush, James Comey, Bob Corker, etc.

GW Bush set the table for Fox News, the Tea Party and Trump. Oh yeah, and he destroyed Iraq.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I make it about the 5th time a video of his has been posted with him saying he's certain it's all about to come crumbling down. Any month now, honest. For real this time.

He was thinking the Republican Party would do the right thing and take action against Trump. They didn't, and Trump got worse, and they didn't, then the FBI plot thickened, and the GOP did little. The Presidential Pardon then slowed down the FBI, giving the Republicans time to take action. They haven't.

Trump should have fallen by now.

It's clear greed and entitlement rule the US.

Can't say we're much different here :(

Every day a new low.

Donald Trump’s Twitter account has retweeted three anti-Muslim videos by Jayda Fransen, the deputy leader of the far-right group Britain First who has been convicted of religiously aggravated harassment.

Trump, who has 43.5 million followers on the network, retweeted three separate tweets by Fransen, which all included separate, unverified anti-Islamic videos.

One purported to show a group of Muslims pushing a boy off a roof. Another claimed to show a Muslim destroying a statue of the Virgin Mary and another showed immigrants hitting a Dutch boy on crutches.

The videos were retweeted without comment. Trump’s account then turned to the more familiar territory of complaining about fake news on CNN.

Earlier this month, Fransen was found guilty of religiously aggravated harassment after she verbally abused a Muslim woman wearing a hijab.

Fransen responded delightedly to her posts being republished by the Trump account. She wrote: “THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, DONALD TRUMP, HAS RETWEETED THREE OF DEPUTY LEADER JAYDA FRANSEN’S TWITTER VIDEOS! DONALD TRUMP HIMSELF HAS RETWEETED THESE VIDEOS AND HAS AROUND 44 MILLION FOLLOWERS! GOD BLESS YOU TRUMP! GOD BLESS AMERICA!”

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, peterms said:

Every day a new low.

He's tweeting undisguised racial hatred. Never mind his tax returns I would like to know what search terms he is using to find this crap.  I'd put money on that he has googled the following:

Donald Trump

Can a President pardon himself

what is kompromat

peepee tape

2 way mirrors

How do I cover up Russian collut, colus, kolup, plotting

Rocketman Kim

Barely legal golden shower

Donald Trump is great

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, peterms said:

Every day a new low.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42166663

Trump Twitter account retweets far-right group's videos

Mr Trumps' decision to retweet the videos met dismay on social media.

TV presenter and journalist Piers Morgan, who has called himself a "friend" of the president, tweeted: "What the hell are you doing?"

"Please STOP this madness & undo your retweets", he said.

That moment when Piers Morgan thinks you're being a scum bag...........

All joking aside the sad thing here is that America has a long line of Presidents with associations with Far Right groups. KKK being the most noteable and obvious example. This latest Twitter gaffe is more the consequence of electing a guy who refused to distance himself from David Duke than any sort of shock or surprise.

On one intellectual level quoting Britain First and rent a quote Katie wotsit is hilarious. The lack of understanding is astounding - much like the Birmingham lives under Sharia Law nonsense a while back.

But quite apart from the obvious fanning the flames of any racial tension and the attempt at the legitimising of voicing such views under the safety of constitutional free speech the sad thing for me in all of this is that given a blatantly racist, mysoginistic, bullying, morally bankrupt candidate and (at best) a morally chameleonic, sexual assault sympathising, warmongering, gay marriage hating (until the numbers said not to be), anti -feminist, charity stealing candidate both of whom have links to registered sex offender Jeffrey Epstein they still went into voting booths and chose red or blue.

"fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy"
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Probably worth a formal complaint to Twitter about him promoting hate crime. 

45 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They're not going to delete the presidents account, no matter what he does or says.

I'm sure I read something recently that stated his usage of Twitter single handedly generates enormous revenue for them or something. I only scanned a headline really but I'm sure that was the gist, basically stating Twitter aren't getting rid of him no matter what.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villakram said:

Why hasn't anyone responded in kind? It's not like "white" people are all innocent and huggable types (we're all arseholes from time to time, some more so than others). Come on you social media types, get at it.

Because you shouldn't stoop to their level.

And also because the message wouldn't go through to them and they'll just be outraged instead of seeing the irony.

Â