U.S. Politics

maqroll

19 minutes ago, Straggler said:

In before the lock. 

Not the thread, just the one on Trumps cell door.

His presidency could me measured in days now.

nah, won't change a thing. 

Trump will just shrug, blame someone else, and carry on as usual.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

nah, won't change a thing. 

Trump will just shrug, blame someone else, and carry on as usual.

Trump can shrug all he wants, not even the current soulless Republican party can let this go.  It's not that they are doing the best for America, getting rid of Trump may be the only way they can save their own political careers.  If it is a per the reporting on ABC that Flynn will testify that Trump told him to talk to the Russians in secret then they all know Trump is toast.  How many of them have the loyalty to stick by Trump to the end?  There will be all sorts of meetings going on now inside the Republican party about how to respond to this and I'll bet a decent number are ready to chuck Trump under the bus.  Trump does not inspire loyalty, he is a bully and demands it, I don't think he has a proper ally in the game.  At the rate people are flipping on him I'm expecting Ivanka #metoo before Christmas.

I'm getting some beers in tonight, with a Villa game, the weekend ahead and this news I'm in a proper good mood.

The breaking news will probably more compelling than the Villa game, but I'll try and keep an eye on both.

• Like 1

The official charge sheet has been made public. The charges against Flynn relate to things that happened *after* the election. Communication between incoming admins and foreign powers is not necessarily illegal. 

Hold onto you hats, but do drink lots of beer!

also, remember good ol' Scooter!

Edited by villakram

11 minutes ago, villakram said:

The official charge sheet has been made public. The charges against Flynn relate to things that happened *after* the election. Communication between incoming admins and foreign powers is not necessarily illegal. 

Hold onto you hats, but do drink lots of beer!

also, remember good ol' Scooter!

Communications with foreign powers seeking to undermine sanctions imposed on that country by the at that time current administration, and while there was an ongoing investigation into whether that country meddled in the election? Looking at the full statement, it also appears that Flynn tried to influence other governments including Russia to delay or defeat a UN resolution on Israeli settlements.

I have no idea what is acceptable, as you say, the above may not be illegal,  but then why did Flynn lie about it? And why were the incoming administration so keen to undermine the sanctions against Russia?

All we have heard today is what he is pleading guilty to as part of a plea deal. The question is what else does he know and what has he told the investigation? 

As you suggest, there is still no smoking gun directly implicating Trump, but this is all getting a lot more interesting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

DP-bjK5XUAAQcY4.jpg

His 33 years of military service counts for nothing. He is a felon. Plenty of former military servicemen & women live the rest of their lives without breaking the law. Many of them continue to serve in public office without breaking the law. Flynn is a felon and nothing he did before changes that. Here's hoping he's sentenced to the full 5 years.

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Waiting for Trump to sack Mueller now.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

This is the big one, Trump will fire Mueller.

It would be a final act of petulance if he did. Sacking Mueller is utterly pointless at this stage. With Flynn in the bag, we are reaching the final stages. He can fire Mueller, he can't can the investigation

This is also the point where the GOP will start to turn on Trump to attempt to save their own skins, though in many eyes that is already way too late. Though they are rather stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Â