U.S. Politics

maqroll

10 hours ago, HKP90 said:

"And on today's episode of 'let's elect a fascist', we have an orange man from New York who's hobbies are s***ing on the poor, and trying desperately to find an excuse to use nuclear weapons to ravage the environment. Welcome Donald."

The environment is still reeling from the nuclear weapons dropped during his last tenure. 

• Like 1

About the mental decline, Trump since 2015 has had all the symptoms of somebody absolutely smashing the Adderall as much as possible. It's fine in short timescales as you can function on like 3 hours sleep a night for a fortnight, but long term is majorly damaging. My friend at uni was on it for cramming and dissertation over about a month and I swear it cost him so many brain cells 

31 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

My friend at uni was on it for cramming and dissertation over about a month and I swear it cost him so many brain cells 

And, let's face it, the Trumpster is not exactly well-served in the brain cell department to begin with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

The environment is still reeling from the nuclear weapons dropped during his last tenure. 

Apparently nukes can stop a hurricane.....in bizarro-world. And with absolutely no ill effects in the long term! Hurrah!

In other news they're going to be testing a new execution method this week, nitrogen hypoxia. Aka a type of suffocation. They're going to execute a death row inmate by giving them pure nitrogen to 'breathe'.

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

In other news they're going to be testing a new execution method this week, nitrogen hypoxia. Aka a type of suffocation. They're going to execute a death row inmate by giving them pure nitrogen to 'breathe'.

Yeah. Wouldn’t be surprised to see this replace lethal injection in the long term tbh, both for the death penalty and voluntary euthanasia.

If you’re breathing something and it doesn’t contain too much carbon dioxide, your body doesn’t react. You just get sleepy and die.

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I keep seeing references to X% said they won't vote for him in Iowa / NH can someone explain this apparent state sponsored opinion poll for context please? Ta in advance

On 24/01/2024 at 12:53, magnkarl said:

The noise coming from some Democratic circles (probably the mental ones) is that Michelle Obama has started preparing for launching her candidacy in spring.

It'd be good to have a woman of colour up against the biggest racist white old dude in the world in a debate. It'd in fact probably offer hours of entertainment, and if Michelle can get Obama's old team together it'd be a solid option.

This is doing the rounds again yesterday and today on the right wing media for some reason yet how can she run in spring as the state deadlines for registering for the primaries are all but done.  Doubt she’d run as a 3rd party.  It’s just right wing media trying to disrupt after failing with RFK Jnr and then Dean Phillips.  Michelle Obama isn’t going to run this late in the day or even in spring…it was just a rumour started by the NY Post of all places….

15 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Holy **** shit! This is absolute madness.

He forgot the bit about creating a new group called The Brownshirts

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Surely this is some kind of AI fakery? I’m just waiting for that mission impossible moment where he rips his face off and reveals himself to be Vladimir Putin.

7 hours ago, bickster said:

I keep seeing references to X% said they won't vote for him in Iowa / NH can someone explain this apparent state sponsored opinion poll for context please? Ta in advance

They're just exit polls after people have cast the actual ballot. They're notoriously skewed (not in any particular direction, just a weird sample size who want to do more polling after they've already voted) but a larger indicator of something that the news tries to actively avoid in that social media is predominantly right wing tilted in the US and overly represents Trump voices (thanks to Elon and X) and younger bonkers progressives (particularly on Threads - for whoever was asking about Threads).

The 50% majority of Americans don't want Trump. All of this other culture war stuff, people don't give a shit about it - not truly unless you're deep in the Fox News/CNN/X swamp.

It will still be close just because of how the electoral map works out but they bright, red warning signs are there that most people don't want Trump. They might want change and it might be fun to entertain the thought but only the crazies go back to their ex.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Surely this is some kind of AI fakery? I’m just waiting for that mission impossible moment where he rips his face off and reveals himself to be Vladimir Putin.

I was just thinking Kim Jong-Un as President of the USA would do less damage than Trump.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Challenge anyone to take a shot everytime he says "deep state".

• Haha 1

I've missed looking at the news every day and thinking "he said what?". He is **** entertaining.

Remember this? There was some madness like this basically every day.

We’ll have an economy based on wind. I never understood wind. You know, I know windmills very much. I’ve studied it better than anybody I know. It’s very expensive. They’re made in China and Germany mostly—very few made here, almost none. But they’re manufactured tremendous, if you’re into this, tremendous fumes, gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know, we have a world, right. So the world is tiny compared to the universe. Tremendous amount of fumes and everything.

• Haha 4

Â