U.S. Politics

maqroll

"And on today's episode of 'let's elect a fascist', we have an orange man from New York who's hobbies are s***ing on the poor, and trying desperately to find an excuse to use nuclear weapons to ravage the environment. Welcome Donald."

Edited by HKP90

30 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

"And on today's episode of 'let's elect a fascist', we have an orange man from New York who's hobbies are s***ing on the poor, and trying desperately to find a use to use nuclear weapons to ravage the environment. Welcome Donald."

and millions vote for him........   😒

5 hours ago, magnkarl said:

The trend is much more damaging for Trump than I think he realises. These numbers likely means that Biden (or whoever steps in if he quits) will sweep NH, and now we're on to Haley's home state. She might cause enough momentum to actually make her a threat to Donald, and the longer she stays in the race the more she can tell her own party voters that Trump is old, demented and unfit for another term. Most outlets had Haley at 30% in NH, she's massively over-performed. Hopefully it's an indication that at least some of the GOP wants a move away from megalomania and back to normal republicanism.

I’m not sure what Haley wants to extract from this since it’s pretty obvious that Trump will crush her in SC too. She isn’t particularly well liked by the MAGA cult there. 

Maybe she’s banking on one of these indictments causing actual jail time and being the last woman standing? 2028 positioning? Not sure because she has no chance of winning. 

And as long as Trump is alive, there is no normal Republicanism. 

The noise coming from some Democratic circles (probably the mental ones) is that Michelle Obama has started preparing for launching her candidacy in spring.

It'd be good to have a woman of colour up against the biggest racist white old dude in the world in a debate. It'd in fact probably offer hours of entertainment, and if Michelle can get Obama's old team together it'd be a solid option.

I think all conjecture again for Michelle.

She has stated repeatedly that she has no desire to enter politics again, more or less hated all of the politicking, never held or ran for any public office.

Wishful thinking from Democratic circles for someone who has a lot of popularity but over and over, and not in the sly winking sort of way, she has said that she never wants to run for anything.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

if Michelle can get Obama's old team together it'd be a solid option.

I am sure Biden is more than capable of going until he is 138 years old.

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

I agree that there are a lot of bright red warning signs for the Trump campaign.

My stance remains that unless the economy completely falls apart due to an external circumstance later this year, that Biden will handily win re-election because, for all of the newsverse and X and social media pimping for Trump, most voters are of the "Trump is the **** worst" variety.

So however much we all think Biden is old and bleh, most Americans will take the "You've already told this story Grandpa" to the "Make sure your teenage daughter isn't in the same room Grandpa."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

The noise coming from some Democratic circles (probably the mental ones) is that Michelle Obama has started preparing for launching her candidacy in spring.

It'd be good to have a woman of colour up against the biggest racist white old dude in the world in a debate. It'd in fact probably offer hours of entertainment, and if Michelle can get Obama's old team together it'd be a solid option.

It’s not coming from Democrat circles, it’s just interference by non-Democrats whether domestic or abroad.  Michelle Obama is extremely close to Joe Biden just like her husband is, they are 100% behind Biden.

9 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I agree that there are a lot of bright red warning signs for the Trump campaign.

My stance remains that unless the economy completely falls apart due to an external circumstance later this year, that Biden will handily win re-election because, for all of the newsverse and X and social media pimping for Trump, most voters are of the "Trump is the **** worst" variety.

So however much we all think Biden is old and bleh, most Americans will take the "You've already told this story Grandpa" to the "Make sure your teenage daughter isn't in the same room Grandpa."

Yep this has been a rematch of Biden vs Trump for some time and Biden will win again.  It’s crazy to have these two as the match up but it is what it is, thankfully Biden looks most likely to win so at least the US is safe for another four years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

for all of the newsverse and X and social media pimping for Trump, most voters are of the "Trump is the **** worst" variety

Does anyone know what people on Threads are saying........ Anyone? 

The horror of another Trump presidency should be enough to defeat him in the Presidential election. Enough people will be motivated to vote against him (I hope). We keep forgetting, in 2016 he lost the popular vote and squeaked in on the Electoral College after the FBI cocked up the Clinton email thing. Then he was comprehensively beaten in 2020. 

In ways, the media have fuelled Trump (for clicks most probably)

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Trump using the smiths please please please let me get what I want at his campaign 🤣

He's welcome to them👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who would be VP for Biden and Trump?

That's a much more interesting job than it's been in the past.

Assume Harris remains VP for Biden.  There has been no indication from their camp that will change despite the conversations online.

As for Trump, it could be any nut….doubt it’ll be any of the main primary challengers even though Vivek is trying to squirm himself into Trump’s good books, even on the stage at the NH Trump victory speech.  It’s just going to be somebody that will completely loyal to Trump, whatever that entails.  I see loads trying to show that from Lake, Stefanik, Greene, SHS, Vance, Tim Scott but any of them could fall out of favour just as quickly knowing Trump and there are loads more and still plenty of time before Trump decides.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Assume Harris remains VP for Biden.  There has been no indication from their camp that will change despite the conversations online.

As for Trump, it could be any nut….doubt it’ll be any of the main primary challengers even though Vivek is trying to squirm himself into Trump’s good books, even on the stage at the NH Trump victory speech.  It’s just going to be somebody that will completely loyal to Trump, whatever that entails.  I see loads trying to show that from Lake, Stefanik, Greene, SHS, Vance, Tim Scott but any of them could fall out of favour just as quickly knowing Trump and there are loads more and still plenty of time before Trump decides.

I’m guessing it will be a woman. He needs to get some votes back there. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Yeah my guess would be Kari Lake, she’s visited him a lot at MAL, very pro-Trump, also very deluded and Trump praises her when the subject comes up.  He likes her media presence which is a big thing for him, he hates people looking weak on media interviews.  Not a criteria most presidents put top of the list but seems it is for Trump.

Edited by nick76

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who would be VP for Biden and Trump?

That's a much more interesting job than it's been in the past.

Rumor on the belt is Stefanik. Will probably want to pick 'his person' after Pence was forced upon him last time.

She does the right amount of prostrating to Trump, has a protected House seat, and can do the 'government' parts of the job that he will of course not.

20 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

And it'll be handy when he wants to cop a feel, or get somebody to bring him his dinner. 

Â