U.S. Politics

maqroll

8 hours ago, Genie said:

I used this site for the UK stats, they have it just under a million for Birmingham. 
C9-F0-FD91-D218-425-D-9595-747-B18839327

Either way, I’m not sure in the UK we’re in a very strong position to point the finger across the pond at how badly Trump managed the pandemic.

The horse's mouth:

Birmingham population | Population and census | Birmingham City Council

But I agree pointing fingers is sort of useless. Understanding the underlying causes priceless.

Just now, TheAuthority said:

This is it. What a relief. All my life I've hated politics and especially politicians but after the trauma of the last 4 1/2 years and the PTSD it's caused so many I can't help but feel a little hopeful about this.

Yeah, I've never really cared as much as I do now. 4 more years of Trump would have genuinely been soul destroying  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Thank goodness Trump doesn’t have Twitter to spout shit from the sidelines for the next decade.

I was just reflecting how nice it's been not hearing his poison and childish responses plastered all over social media and the news. 

Hopefully he stays silenced and fades to obscurity (well preferably prison) now.  The last thing the USA needs is him continuing to incite his evil henchmen from the sidelines and continuing to influence the Republican party.  They really need to agree the impeachment to exorcise him from their ranks. 

• Like 1

Just watched a snippet of the ceremony. Some bloke singing, creased me up.  Reminded me of a scene from coming To America. 

I remarked to Mrs Sidcow what do we get with a new Prime Minister? A quick wave to the cameras on his way into the doors of No 10. as the former PM is slinking out the back*

Then I thought actually NO ONE does pomp and ceremony like we do, but of course ours is for Royals who are heads of state.  The President IS the Head of State so it's a bit different from our mere Civil Servant. 

* There is a Downing Street in The Black Country and number 10 is a factory site.  On the side of one of their buildings they have created a replica of the 10 Downing Street door 😀

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â